Promises

After an entire night of continued lovemaking, they were exhausted in the morning. Cohen fell asleep in Hunter's arms, and he wrapped her body protectively feeling her drift. He stayed up, unable to sleep just yet. Holding her. Watching her. A whirl of thoughts in his mind. The sounds of her light breathing calming him from overthinking. Although he wasn't afraid anymore, and there was no denying that his infinite love for her only spread by the second, he held her but was still worried about losing her. That was his only fear now.

He gazed at her, tracing her with his eyes. Every part of her face, he hadn't missed a thing. He explored every part of her and he was still left speechless when he stared. Cohen moved around a lot when she slept. He had to move his body with her. She'd lay her head on his chest or tuck her head in his neck. Her warm breath hitting his skin. He didn't mind any of it. He only wanted it to last. He was happily overwhelmed by their night. All he could think was his luck. Who would've thought? He fell asleep after watching her. It took him a while, but he did eventually. Their naked bodies providing warmth. They were in a tranquil, safe place. Just them and the easiness of the morning as the sunlight crept into their room.

Omega woke up on the ship realizing Cohen wasn't beside her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes looking around the room including the gunner seat. She found it a bit odd that Cohen wasn't there. Omega was the one who usually woke up first, ever since they joined the squad. Not seeing Cohen asleep beside her came out as a surprise. She hopped out, dragging her tired feet through the ship. Tech, Echo, and Wrecker were still sleeping in their seats, she stood in place noticing that Hunter wasn't there either.

Gonky approached Omega, making little honking noises. She patted him as he bobbed in place.

"Good morning, Gonky," she whispered. "Have you seen Cohen or Hunter?" He honked twice showing that he hadn't seen them. "Hm," she watched the door and sat on the floor, waiting patiently for them. "I'm sure they're okay," she whispered. "They wouldn't leave me." She waited for a while, watching the door, waiting. She fidgeted with her fingers nervously but didn't want to wake up the rest of the crew. She even tried contacting them through the panel, silently to avoid waking the others.

"Hey, kid," Echo was up and had noticed that she was sitting on the floor.

"Oh, good," she hurriedly ran to him. "Cohen and Hunter aren't on the ship. I think they're in trouble."

Echo's tired expression quickly flushed away realizing that they didn't walk back with them last night. "Uhm, I'm sure they're fine."

"How do you know?" Her worried eyes trying to meet his but he kept looking away nervously.

"I- I just do."

"What's going on?" Wrecker woke up, yawning loudly and stretching his arms.

"Cohen and Hunter aren't on the ship. They haven't been here all morning," Omega replied, troubled.

Wrecker's jaw dropped and then began to laugh, unintentionally waking up Tech. "You're telling me they haven't been back since last night!"

Echo sighed embarrassedly. "Yes, Wrecker."

"What is going on?" said Tech, having to speak over Wrecker's laughter.

"Cohen and Hunter haven't been back since yesterday!" Wrecker placed his hand over his chest, breathing sharply from his hysterics. "They're still at Cid's!" Tech's face also flushed and chose not to get into it. Instead, he walked back into the cockpit.

"They're at Cid's?" Omega's eyes lit up. "Let's go!" she ran to the door but Echo quickly stopped her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We shouldn't go back there."