Prompt 15: Tommyinnit and Dream

This was made in honor of the fact that there aren't enough Tommy and Dream brother AU fics where they discover that they're brothers instead of it already being established.

Art was made by KawaiiArtistt on DeviantArt

A little TW for a brief mention of a break down, but it's not described at all.

-~-

As you saw at the top, this a "Tommy and Dream are brothers AU." 

Also, for the sake of this prompt, this is the human Dream, not the design for Dream that I chose for my AU, so imagine him as the masked mystery man like usual. 

The time frame for this would be any time after the exile, but before Tommy leaves Techno. However, for extra angst, it could take place after Dream's killed and revived Tommy.

So, I imagine that Dream doesn't take his mask off like, at all. It been year since he's taken it off, let alone taken the time to look at himself in a reflective surface, so he's mostly forgotten what he's looks like. One day though, it could be for any reason (excluding a reason in which someone else sees his face), he takes off his mask and happens to catch a glimpse of himself in a mirror or puddle or whatever, and I see completely shocked and horrified to discover that he looks almost exactly like Tommy, aside from the eyes and whatever other unique features you want either of them to have.

Dream knew that he had had a little brother at one point and that he lost and misses him, but the revelation that it was Tommy the entire time completely breaks him. He has a break down and feels absolutely disgusted with himself. He feels worse knowing that Tommy would never believe him, as he's already manipulated him to Hell and back (depending on when you decided to set the story, maybe also murdered him).

Dream can barely stand to look at himself anymore. He quickly decides that, instead of trying to convince Tommy of their relation to each other, he'd become the silent protector and keep Tommy safe while avoiding confrontation (he's totally not terrified of the inevitable rejection that'll occur if he tries talking to his little brother, no way)!

As it turns out, Tommy's more observant than people think he is, and after a couple months of s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ protecting him, Tommy walks right up to him and demands to know why he's been following him around.

Shit.

-~-

ALSO, THANK YOU GUYS FOR 2.5 K VIEWS!!! 

It makes me so happy to know that THAT MANY PEOPLE have read and enjoyed my silly ideas, and it fills my heart with so much joy when you vote, leave comments, and add my story to your reading lists.

Make sure to stay hydrated, eat regularly, and bind safely.

Author, OUT!