Prompt 27: Tommyinnit

Inspired by the fact that I really need to read the rest of the Percy Jackson series. I've only read the first book, which is why this will only be covering elements of the first book. Not events, because I don't want this to just be a copy/paste AU where nothing but the characters change, because that's lame.

Art by drowninginthefeels on Tumblr.

Art is semi-related to the prompt, it's the scene where Percy gets claimed. Gods, I love that scene.

-~-

Percy Jackson AU where Tommy is a half-blood and DreamXD is his godly parent. Because DreamXD is the leader of the gods, that means that Tommy attracts more monsters. After a freak accident with his mother and a monster, his mother is dead and the truth of his parentage is revealed to Tommy. He's taken to Camp Half-Blood where he must adjust to his new life there.

I chose DreamXD instead of Phil because I though that it would make more sense because Tommy is technically the "Percy" of this story. Phil is a powerful god, but he's not the leader like DreamXD is, so Tommy would be a more powerful half-blood, and DreamXD had also never taken a mortal lover before, unlike Phil, who has a mortal wife.

I'd like the plot to focus mostly on Tommy's life in Camp Half-Blood and not on the actual events of the Percy Jackson series, because, like I said, copy and paste AUs are a bit lame. Some plot points: Tommy befriends Wilbur, Techno, and Tubbo, three sons of Philza who become like brothers to him. Maybe he stays in their cabin like Percy stayed in the Hermes cabin and that's how it starts; DreamXD tries to become a part of his son's life now that he knows that he's a half-blood. He's 100% a doting father and embarrasses Tommy on more than one occasion with pet names and PDA; Dream is a loyal immortal follower of DreamXD who was assigned by the god to look out for Tommy and take care of him. Maybe he replaces Dionysus as the camp director as well, and he's just constantly exasperated and tired by Tommy and his antics, just like "Gods damnit, what has he done this time."; Ranboo as a kind of Grover character (Allium Duo, wahoo!) but instead of being a satyr, he's a full enderman like in the Origins SMP, OR, he's the son of Bad, the god of the underworld, and was raised by him and his husband Skeppy; Sam replaces Chiron as a teacher/mentor character for Tommy (Centaur Sam enjoyers, come get y'all's juice!).

Some events can stay the same though, for example, the scene where Percy gets claimed by Poseidon is one that I want to get carried over to this AU, mainly because I think it fits and because it's my favorite scene in the Lightning Thief. When Tommy first gets to camp, nobody knows who his godly parent is, but they catch glimpses of his traits and powers that might come from them. There's speculation, but nobody even thinks of XD as a possibility. I want the claiming scene to be just as dramatic as in PJLT. Everyone is floored at the fact that Tommy's father is the god of the gods.

Another scene that I want to carry over because I think it fits is when Percy feels lonely sleeping by himself in the Poseidon cabin after being claimed. I think it really fits with Tommy's character to feel lonely and isolated in that situation. He just feels so out of place now, and he just wants to go back to the chaotic, homely Philza cabin. Maybe it's after that that DreamXD makes his first appearance to his son.

Speaking of XD, I also just want scenes where he just follows his son around being clingy (after they have a good relationship established, of course) and everyone being absolutely flabbergasted because 1: DreamXD is walking around Camp Half-Blood, and 2: He's being so affectionate and people are just like, "Is this really the same dude?" because he's usually very cold and intimidating.