X Reader Prompt 2: Quackity x Reader

This was requested by @noitsnotmeshutup

I know I told you that it might be a while, but inspiration literally struck seconds after I replied to your comment, so I hope this is a nice surprise and also a bit of a sorry for replying to your comment a bit late!

Art by Living Like Larry on Tumblr

-~-

So, this is taking place after Quackity has picked up Slimecicle and made him a spy for Las Nevadas. Reader encounters Slimecicle one way or another, either with or without Quackity being there, and they want to get Slimecicle away from him because they see that Quackity is taking advantage of him and his naivety and using him. This causes them to get involved, trying to win over Slime and adopt him, basically. This pisses off Quackity, obviously, because they're trying to take away his spy!

This could go one of two ways:

- Enemies to lovers. They both hate each other, but over the many encounters they share, they get to know each other. Reader recognizes that Quackity still has trauma from his abusive marriage with Schlatt and that he needs to go to therapy. They help Quackity become a better person and they adopt Slimecicle and Purpled together! Whether it goes past that is up to the author.

- Angst, hurt no comfort. Starts the same, they hate each other, but instead of something more blooming over their encounters, Reader begins to hate him more and more, the flames further stoked by Quackity traumatizing and manipulating Purpled and how he treats Tommy. Inversely, Quackity falls deeper and deeper in love with Reader with every encounter. However, he also sees how much they hate him, and he realizes that he fucked everything up before it even began. Reader rescues Slime and Purpled, adopts them, and leaves Las Nevadas for good, leaving Quackity heartbroken, drowning in guilt and self-hatred.

Depending on if you want more angst or perhaps to turn that to angst with a happy ending, Quackity could maybe attempt to beg Reader to give him a chance, or the heartbreak could act as motivation to become a better person so that he can prove himself to Reader and maybe win them back.