Prompt 30: Dream/DreamXD, Sapnap, George, and Tommy

This chapter was partially inspired by an incredible fic on AO3 called "Heal What Has Been Hurt" by SunlitStruggles. It's absolutely amazing and I highly recommend you read it! I made a comment on one of the chapters and now thanks to me, it's canon that DreamXD mixes slang from different time periods mercilessly in the same sentences like that one Tumblr post about vampires.

Also a little inspired by a series of fics I read a while ago, also on AO3, about bee hybrid Tommy becoming an entirely new person to hang out with Tubbo because he thinks that he hates him. Can't remember the name though.

Art is by tinyacid on Tumblr

-~-

Shapeshifter/God!Dream realizes how much of a fucked up person he is after getting thrown in prison for a while, so, in an attempt to redeem himself and rekindle his friendships, he becomes DreamXD. After finding a way out of the prison, Dream, as DreamXD, begins to visit Tommy and starts a friendship with him. He starts with Tommy because he feels like shit about everything and feels like he fucked everything up with him the most (which he did).

It starts out pretty rocky, what with Tommy's abandonment/attachment issues and DreamXD having a similar name to Dream (he's not very creative), but it eventually turns into DreamXD becoming a father-figure to Tommy, doting on him and caring for him and giving gifts. This all becomes official when DreamXD throws him a birthday party when he turns seventeen, the first birthday party he's had since the wars started, and he cries in XD's arms and whispers: "Thanks, Dad."

Along the way, he also befriends George, with whom he falls in love with and becomes like Tommy's second dad, and Sapnap, who becomes Tommy's cool uncle.

Eventually, Dream decides that he doesn't want to be Dream anymore. As Dream, everyone he loves hates him, he's an awful person who doesn't deserve their love. But, as DreamXD he can spend as much time with his loves ones as he wants, and they love him just as much. So, he decides to fake his own death inside the prison as Dream, jumping into the lava, and turning into XD and living as XD forever.

He doesn't plan on letting anyone find out who he used to be, ever, but, things don't always go as planned, do they? Inevitably, his secret is revealed. Will everyone gate him again, and will he loose the only family he has left? Or will they give him a chance to prove that he's changed his ways?

I'm just in love with the idea of XDNotFound adopting Tommy and becoming his dads. No thoughts, head empty, just giving c!Tommy family dynamics.

-~-

Also, just for the few people who care, I'm going to Maryland with my family for the weekend, so don't expect any chapters until I get back. I promise I'll post one as soon as I get home.

See you guys then!