Prompt 21: Ranboo, Tommy, and Tubbo

Art by brainworms in my head on Tumblr

-~-

This takes place in an AU where hybrids don't exist, or at the very least hide themselves so well from humanity that they're considered a myth. All hybrids or potential hybrids, like Techno, Philza, Fundy, Sam, etc. are all human and do not have any relation to mobs or mob-like traits. Monsters like zombies and skeletons and stuff still exist though, it's only hybrids that are a myth.

It's also a modern AU, the Dream SMP is a small town called Esempi. Not that small, just small enough that everyone knows everyone.

Ranboo is a lone Enderman hybrid who lurks in the woods surrounding Esempi. Due to numerous reported sightings, he's become somewhat of a well-known cryptid, hiding in the dark forest and scaring people with his unnatural height and glowing, mismatched eyes. He can't speak because he's more creature than human since he was raised by his Enderman parent before they left him. He can still make noise, like growls, chirps, and purrs though. He also doesn't kill people, though he does shriek very loud if looked in the eyes.

One day, Tubbo and Tommy decide to go on a cryptid hunt in the woods after school. They want to be the first ones to take a picture of the beast. When they do find him though, he's just a shy, albeit scarily tall, creature who is touch-starved and desperately wants friends.

Basically, Tommy and Tubbo become friends with Ranboo, the neighborhood cryptid.

Some ideas to play around with could be:

- Their family (SBI) finds out (Tubbo was adopted into the SBI like how he was in the SMP canon). Maybe one of their brothers get suspicious of how long it suddenly starts taking them to get home after school and find them hanging out with a cryptid more than twice their height, making flower crowns and shit.

- Speaking of flower crowns: bonding! Tommy and Tubbo showing Ranboo new things from the human world, like new food, maybe they teach him how to write or use sign language to communicate better.

- Maybe one day, while going to their daily meeting with Ranboo in the forest, they get harassed by bullies or something and Ranboo comes to protect them. Those are his humans, thank you very much >:(

- Imagine, if you will, a moment like that one scene in How To Train Your Dragon, the one where Hiccup and Toothless get stuck together and Hiccup has to sneak into the village to separate them, except its with the Bench Trio and they're not physically trapped. Maybe Ranboo gets injured and they need to hide him in the house so he can safely heal, maybe they bring him home while Phil's at work and he comes home early. Whatever the circumstances, they need to hide Ranboo well and fast.