Prompt 18: Tommyinnit

Art by SpitrfiresOnIce on DeviantArt

If you want to know more about SCP 2295, here's his SCP article: https://the-scp.foundation/object/scp-2295

There are also some really good videos on 2295, I recommend SCP Illustrated.

-~-

So, the concept is that Tommy has had a stuffed patchwork bear that he calls Kairos for as long as he can remember. His parents gave it to him before they died or left him or something, and it's his most prized possession. The twist is that Kairos is actually SCP 2295, the Bear with a Heart of Patchwork. For those unfamiliar with the SCP universe, SCP 2295 is a stuffed bear that, when in the presence of a person sustaining damage to an organ, will create a replacement organ out of stuffing and fabric, which will disappear and reappear in place of the damaged organ. It works just as well as a healthy organ would, despite being made of fabric. It does have limits, however, as it cannot heal brain damage.

But, there will be differences between this Kairos and SCP 2295. One - Kairos can move on his own, while 2295 only moves when he heals people. Two - Kairos is aggressive to people who hurt Tommy, while 2295 is very passive towards others. Now that Kairos is explained, on to the actual prompt!

Tommy was picked up off the street by Philza when he was really young and adopted, and he took a bear plush that he had named "Kairos" with him. Techno thought it was funny because "Kairos" means "time" in Greek. He says that his bear is alive and talks to him and that he's his best friend, which everyone thought was just kid stuff, but he never stopped believing it. Eventually, Tommy just kept it to himself because he knew people would think he was weird. He always carries Kairos around with him, even when he gets older.

Tommy never looses Kairos throughout all the events of the SMP. Kairos's there for him throughout the L'Manburg War of Independence, after his duel with Dream, throughout the elections and Pogtopia, he comforts him during his exile. For some extra angst, you could have it so that Kairos saves Tommy's after he jumps from the tower or he talks him down from the edge. He's also the one who suggests going to Techno for protection.

I like the idea of Kairos having to hold back from killing Dream because he doesn't want to be found out and settling for just glaring at him, so Dream just constantly has the feeing of being watched from this creepy ass bear plush.

I also like the idea of Kairos being with Tommy when he gets trapped in the prison. Like, Dream goes in for the kill and just gets his ass handed to him by teddy bear. Then, Kairos saves Tommy (somehow, don't question it.) Either that or he reveals himself during the Disc Confrontation or he heals Sam after they save him from the Egg, like, Tommy takes a piece of cloth and a bag of stuffing out of his inventory and is like, "Kairos, could you please heal Dad?" and they're like "wtf" until the stuffed bear starts moving. OOH, another cool idea - Tommy has Kairos heal the scars under Ranboo's eyes when they first meet. It's kinda in the same vein as the Sam scenario, with Tommy getting stuff out of his inventory, asking Kairos to heal him. But since his new, unscarred skin is, you know, cloth, he can cry without it hurting (unless it touches his actual skin).

I just really like the SCP universe and find all the oddities fascinating. There are also so many prompts that I want to post rn because I've received a sudden burst of motivation, but I can't just post like, 10 chapters, so I have to wait :/