Prompt 24: Technoblade and Tommy

This idea came to be because I was jamming way too hard to Corpse Dance while writing the other chapter.

Also, this chapter has themes of suicide and Tommy while he was staying at Techno's house, so his exile will be mentioned. Stay safe!

I can't find who originally made the art. Reverse image searching didn't work. If you do know who made it, tell me so I can credit them, please!

-~-

One day, Tommy gets ahold of Techno's violin. He knows how to play it because maybe Wilbur or Techno taught him when they were younger, IDK. Either way, he has the violin and he plays a song that just kinda comes out. It's been in his mind for weeks, and despite not knowing the language that it's in or what it's about, he feels like it's relatable and plays it.

However, Techno comes in as Tommy starts the song, and he grows concerned because, as he's the Blood God and has been around a while, he does know the language; Japanese. And the song, despite mostly being upbeat, is very dark, and it makes him concerned for his younger brother.

In case you didn't read the beginning note, the song is Corpse Dance by Kikuo. One of my favorite songs, but that isn't important. If you haven't heard the song or haven't seen the song's English lyrics, it's about suicide and wanting to die. Here are some of the lyrics in English:

Won't you join in the dance of the dead?
Doing so sure to clear your head!
Ahahahaha~
A kind invitation to all those who
wish to die
Who wants to stick around for their
pathetic life?
When there is a sweet, a sweet,
a wonderful paradise!
Come on?

No more of those ugly, self-hating,
punishing thoughts
Round and round they'd go
I had to make them stop
It's only one step, one step,

and,

We're laughing, yelling, singing
We have found where we belong
You'll love it, too, so go on,
join in on the fun
Come along, a throng of demons
lead us to the graveyard
All the way to the dance of the dead

So yeah, a pretty dark song. Basically, the concept is that Tommy plays the song on the violin, sings it despite not knowing the language, Techno, who does understand it, hears and gets concerned, leading to him confronting his brother about if he has suicidal thoughts. The lyrics just really reminded me of Tommy in and immediately after his exile days, with the talk of self-hating thoughts, suicide, and thinking that being dead was better than being alive.

-~-

This chapter was 100% impulsive, hope you enjoy the double update LMAO