Chapter 33

Chris pov 🤍

We were currently driving home from spending time with my family. Nicole has been really quiet during this ride back. I reached out and interlocked our fingers together.

She looked down at our hands and did the same. She looked up at me and slightly smiled. We were at a red stop light when I felt her lean over the consul and kissed my cheek. I smiled at her and she laid her head on my arm again, just like the day we went on a picnic, still holding my hand.

She wrapped her other hand around my bicep and we just enjoyed the comfortable silence. We reached my house since I needed to finish packing my stuff. I pulled up to the driveway, closing the gates.

We both got out the car and I reached my arm out for her. She smiled and I threw my arm over her shoulder and we both walked in the house. I closed the door, letting out a sigh.

I grabbed both her hands and looked down at her, while she just looked up at me. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I said in a calm whisper. "I am just gonna miss you" she said sifting from side to side.

"I know, and I am gonna miss you too. But I will be back before you know it" I said, slightly smiling. "Will you tho" she said, her voice lowering a bit. "What?" I whispered.

"Chris I almost lost you, and I don't want that to happen again" she breathed out. I just listened to her. "And as strong as I was being that night and the following morning, I was scared of losing you, because I love you. I truly love you. And you just saying those words really hurt me"

"And I know you apologized, and I forgave you, but it still hurts." She said, saddens coming over her voice. "And I am not upset about you leaving, this is your job, I will never be mad at you for that" she said letting out a breath.

I just stood there, it broke my heart seeing her like this, tears threatened to come out her eyes. "But it hurts, that's all, to be told to leave, that your voice is annoying them all the time, and that I am not helping, bossing them around and being told that they meant every word by the one that you love" she said, her arms crossed.

"And I forgave you, I really do. It's just gonna need time to heal thats all. And I need you" she said breathing in. "But in the meantime I got dodger" she said, a slight sob chuckle as she looks over the sleeping dodger, who's next to his teddy bear.

"We will wait for you here" she said, looking up at me. I took off my hat and shoes and let out a big sigh. I opened my arms and gestured for her to come and let me hug her. She slightly giggled and over to me.

I held her tight, afraid of letting go almost. "Jump" I whispered in her ear and she did as told, wrapping her legs around my torso. I started walking towards the bedroom as she laid her head on my shoulder.

I gently woke up dodger and told him to follow me to the bed by saying "bedtime". He got there and I locked the door and sat her down gently on my lap. She sat down and played with my hair.

"I am sorry" I says looking into her eyes. "I am really sorry. And I love you too of course. I never meant to hurt you, and I know there is no excuse but I was stressed. I would never let you walk out my life that easily" I said and bopped her nose.

She slightly giggled and smiled. "And I will do everything in my power to heal you, I promise" I said and she looked at me in the eyes and kissed me. Some time later we broke the kiss.