Chapter 60

First of all I want to truly apologize for taking me this long to edit, I felt like I needed a break from social media and not only that I lost my motivation to write and read but now I am back, I am so grateful for every single one of you who made it this far of my book, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hope you enjoy this chapter, muah.

Nicole's pov 🤍

I have been working more lately to distract me a bit from the world, Chris even agreed and has been helping me with my projects along with his. Most of my work depended from home, which I wasn't complaining because not only did I get to spend more time with Chris, I got to be comfortable while doing so.

But this particular week has been a little bit more stressful than usual. My hormones have gone through the roof that if Chris even drops a spoon I would be yelling from the office. Ofc I would feel bad and I would apologize straight after, he would forgive me but then act slightly distant from me.

He would spend as much time outside as possible, from walking dodger to simply going to the park. It's like he was only here to eat, and sleep.

Don't get me wrong, he would still kiss me every morning and every night.

I was currently in the office, finishing up some of the work that I have been working on for weeks. I soon heard the door open and close and hearing dodgers paws click against the wood floor as he ran towards his water bowl.

I heard the office door open and soon Chris walks in holding a smoothie in his hands. He slightly smiled at me before walking up and bending down, giving me a kiss on my lips. What he didn't noticed was his smoothie didn't have a lid on, causing it to spill all over my laptop.

I slightly gasped when I felt a little shock in my finger tips, quickly causing it to glitch and then completely shut off even though it was at 80%. Chris mouth dropped slightly as I threw my head back in defeat, tears quickly filling up my eyes.

"Omg nini I am so sorry" he said quickly said trying to get the smoothie off but it's already gotten to the engine of the computer. He looked at my face and quickly noticed the tears falling down my cheeks as I bit my lip, his face slightly dropped.

"No no no no" he said holding my face but I gently removed them and stood up. "Nicole I am so sorry" standing in front of me as I looked up at him. I couldn't really be mad at him, it was an accident but everything happening lately just came out of me, I couldn't take it anymore.

"It's fine" I said, my voice cracking. Chris was a lil surprised by the fact that I didn't yell or even get mad, I was just upset. He locked eyes with me for a second before I looked down, more tears coming down.

"Are you sure it's fine... are you fine?" Chris asked, still looking at me with a serious look on his face. I hummed and nodded but my tears gave me away. Chris looked at me up and down for a good minute watching me just silently crying to myself.

I vision was blurry from all the crying that I didn't even notice Chris hug me until I felt his arms around my waist. I just wrapped my arms around his shoulders and cried, Chris slightly rocking us back and forth a bit. "Jump" Chris whispered softly in my ear and I did so.

Wrapping my legs around his torso as his hands cupped the bottom of my thighs and butt. I just shoved my face in the crock of his neck as I felt him walk around for a bit. He walked in our room, closing the door and gently sat down, sitting me on his lap.