Chapter 51

Chris pov

It has been months since the accident, I was finally able to get out the hospital and I have been in the house for 4 weeks now. I can walk without needing help and stretch too. I have been going to physical therapy as well.

Nicole, well Nicole has been a bit distant with me, but still close. I don't know how to explain it but she would talk less but she was afraid of leaving me alone for even one second. The first night when we came back, I had to use the toilet, and I kid you not she sat on the floor of the bathroom until I finished.

Every opportunity she got to hold me she took, and I let her. I feel like she's doing it to make me feel better but at the end we both know she needs it more then me. Specially since she had to go to court and testify against her own sister.

When we got home she was a crying mess. Nicole was so sweet, even tho her own sister put her through living hell, she still didn't wanna put her behind bars, she really has a kind heart.

We were currently walking around Boston, holding hands. Walking around Boston is something she loves doing, it calms her down. I didn't care who saw us. Walking around the city, the breeze hitting her face, she looks absolutely stunning. She was smiling.

She interlocked our fingers even tighter, making me chuckle. She stopped in her tracks when she saw an ice scream stand right at the entrance of a city park. I chuckled as she basically dragged me to it.

She excitedly ordered both of us ice cream and I payed for them as she started licking hers. I just stared at her. "What?" She said with a chuckle. "Nun, you just gorgeous" I said and she smiled.

I pecked her lips and I felt her smile into the kiss. When I pulled away, I licked my lips, as I felt ice cream on my lips. We walked together to the park and I looked to my right just to see someone with a camera, it was a paparazzi.

I waved my hand hey at them and continued with me life. We laid down at the grass, me lying on the side, my hand holding my head up as Nicole laid on her back, next to me, looking up at me as we finished our ice cream.

She reached up with her thumb and gently wiped some ice cream off the corner of lip. I smiled and she sucked her tumb, making my eyebrow raised. She giggled a bit and just stared at me.

"I am sorry" she said out of nowhere. I furrowed my brows at her. "Don't be" I said softly. "No... I am sorry for everything, the reason I have been distant.." she said and took a deep breathe, me nodding for her to continue when she is ready.

"Is that, i couldn't bare looking at you and being reminded that the reason you were shot was because of me... your family probably hates me now" she said and looked down at her hands.

"Hey" I said, softly grabbed her chin for her to look at me, and she did. "They don't hate you, they are more concerned about our well being. Nobody thinks it's your fault sweetheart, stop thinking like that, ok?" I said and she nodded softly.

"I love you, and I will take another bullet for you if it's necessary. And look at the bright side, I don't even have a scar and didn't pull a black window" I said making her slightly laugh. "I love you" she said, sincerity written all over her voice.

"I love you too" I said and leaned down to softly kiss her. She gently placed her hand over mine as she kissed me back. I basically made out with her for a couple minutes, not even caring if people looked.