proud of you (techno)

Requetsed by KnightTimeNow i hope you enjoy!! i used hockey in this oneshot because i know it well, and the rules are quite easy to understand :)) just pretend you know how to if you can't lmao-

Techno's fingers tapped nervously against the cold metal, drowning out every single other noise and focusing on you, frowning as you got into position again, an easy smile on your face. He assumed the game was going well-he did see you hit an amazing goal after all.

The whistle blew, and he tensed up, eyes only watching you as everyone moved, darting in between each other, hockey sticks whacking loudly together as you fought aggressively for the ball. Then you broke away, keeping the ball neatly next to you, dodging the other team's sticks.

That was a good thing, right?

People around him cheered, so he joined in, clapping as loud as he could, not quite sure what to say. Everyone else around him had something encouraging, but he really, really hated situations like this.

"YES!" you yelled out as the ball hit the back of the net, the poor goalkeeper on the floor, presumably because of you.

Techno cheered, grinning when you looked over and gave him a thumbs-up, your teammates patting your back.

"Five minutes!" some coach yelled out, before blowing the whistle.

Glancing at the scoreboard, he sighed in relief. Your team was miles ahead of the other-it was honestly upsetting to see them even try to beat you. Less tense than before, he leant against the fence, clapping along with everyone else, eyes flicking up to see the time every so often. Jumping to action, you flung yourself forward, practically fighting with the other team for the ball, legs and arms smashing together.

It all seemed to be in your favour until your leg buckled, and you crashed to the ground, hopelessly staring as the other team flew to the other side of the pitch.

He had to do something. You looked so sad and he didn't want that.

"Y/N!" he called out, immediately regretting it when other people also turned to look at him-he wasn't trying to talk to them, he only wanted you. "You can do it!"

It was worth the embarrassment when you slowly rose to your feet, holding up an ok sign while jogging to the mess of people, who were all fighting over the ball again. Trying to ignore the redness on his face, he watched proudly as you immediately sprinted with the ball, at least ten people hot on your trail.

Even in all the mess, you managed to turn to Techno and smile.

This was the crucial moment. With bated breath, he watched as you swung your hockey stick back, hitting the ball with full force at the net, the goalkeeper diving to hit the ball as far away as they could, but ultimately swinging at air and almost falling.

The whistle went as soon as you hit the back of the net, cheers and yells ringing out loudly when it did.

"SUCK ON IT!" you cried out in excitement, dropping your stick to the ground in shock. Your team came to hug you, Techno watching proudly from the stands.

It could wait. He didn't want to join that...mess anyway. Too many people.

Almost tripping over the grass, Techno held out his hand for support when you run over, your happiness so contagious he could barely hold back from smiling. You took it gratefully, cheeks flushed. "I won! You saw that, right? I won!"

"I did. And I'm so proud of you."

Rubbing his finger across your cheek to remove some mud, he thought to himself about how you looked prettier than ever, full of life and pride, even though your hair was tousled and your face was flushed.

"I'm so, so proud of you."

(A/N-this brought me back to old hockey games 😖 i miss them but the sport also injured me lmao-hope you guys enjoyed <33)

also i asked for requests last time and you guys really delivered <333 love you all i appreciate it very much :))