was this worth it? (karl)

Requested by AlexLiterally pls enjoy!

You were a little confused.

Just five minutes ago, you have waved goodbye to Karl, who was going to a Mr Beast video shoot; you had seen the car drive away, you had seen him waving from the passenger seat.

So why was he back?

Surely a shoot couldn't have only taken five minutes? You frowned at him from the doorway, seeing that Mr Beast was behind him. "Karl? Forgotten something?"

"Yeah, he forgot you," Mr Beast answered for him, grinning at your perplexed expression. "We told him to ask if you could come be in the video for a challenge, but I guess he forgot to tell you."

Shaking your head with a small smile, you decided to take pity and wipe the embarrassed expression off Karl's face. "Yeah, I'll go." Karl sighed in relief, and just before he could leave, you grabbed his shirt, pulling him down so you could whisper to him. "You owe me mcdonalds."

He nodded fervently, taking your hand and walking towards the car.

~~~

Well, when you were invited to be in a video, you were expecting to join in the challenges, not be the prize.

You were now in a glass chamber, bright white lights shining into your eyes, making them ache if you stared for too long, the actual thing itself suspended a few metres into the air. It made your stomach twist if you looked down, so you tried to avoid it (there was a large pool of water underneath, but that didn't look inviting either, dark blue and sloshing about in the container.

The whole premise of this "challenge" (which apparently Karl didn't even know about) was that Karl had to complete challenges, otherwise you would be dropped into the water.

Oh, and also his phone would be confiscated so he wouldn't be able to text you for a week.

You were just praying he would hurry up and finish so you could get out of the stupid glass box. There really wasn't much for you to do, other than wait and stare at the door.

"Y/N! Wait a bit, I'll be there soon!" The door burst open, Karl sprinting out of it, almost tripping up over his own feet in his hurry, a camera following him closely. You clapped appreciatively, although you weren't sure if he was looking, he had clearly managed to do the challenges, and was now on the final one. And you could get out.

Straining your ears and eyes, you leant forward, face pushed up against the glass, trying to listen to what Karl was saying, frowning when he turned away from whatever the challenge did with his head in his hands.

This didn't seem good for you.

The screen Karl was lamenting over was turned over, so you could see it, and you could barely make out lots of tiny words on the screen, along with what looked like a drawing.

"Riddles!" Chandler called out, laughing and clapping his hands at both you and Karl. Your face had dropped at his words, knowing that those riddles were probably something ridiculous that no one could answer. Looking down and ignoring the shiver that ran down your spine, you knew that the floor would open and you would be plummeting into the water soon.

Well, unless Karl managed to answer them, but judging by the fact he hadn't said anything yet, he wasn't going to.

Standing up straight, Karl looked up at you, giving you a thumbs up, turning to Mr Beast. "I'm ready to answer the first! February!"

You barely had time to react before the floor opened up, and you shrieked in surprise, crashing down into the water, the cold enveloping you and making your heart almost freeze. Spluttering, you floated on the surface, the lifeguard coming over and dragging you towards the edge, a large pile of towels waiting for you. Karl ran to your side, wringing his hands nervously. "Sorry. I thought I was right-you are okay, aren't you?"

"Just peachy," you answered, letting him wrap a towel around you. "What was the riddle?"

"What month has twenty-eight days...I really am sorry." He messed with your hair, clearly trying to fix it, and you smiled at him, shaking your head.

"Karl, the answer is all of the months. They all have twenty-eight days."

"What."

"You better get me that mcdonalds."

(A/N-last oneshot

(A/N-last oneshot...)