sandwiches (jschlatt)

Requested by KnightTimeNow this was very fun to write, i hope you enjoy <333

"No, I get what you mean-a hotdog is a taco, I swear!"

Schlatt sighed, eyes downcast as his hand stopped while reaching for the handle of the door, although something in him wanted to laugh at whatever you were talking about. When you said you were starting a podcast with your friends, he definitely wasn't expecting this.

Oh, and he was also lonely, but he didn't want to talk about that.

This morning, you had specifically told him something along the lines of, "Don't come in while I'm recording, you can survive a few hours, can't you?"

The competitiveness in him wanted to wipe that smirk off your face, the all-knowing glint in your eye that hinted you knew he wouldn't be able to-especially when he had to listen to whatever this was. Hand reaching up and gripping the handle lightly, he contemplated just bursting through the door, carrying you out the room, where you could give him attention and vice versa.

He was bored, ok?

He checked his phone, holding back a smile at the lockscreen-his two favourite people were on there (if Jambo counted as a person)-and glancing at the time.

It had been four hours. That was a lot more than a few hours in his opinion.

"No, but what even is an open-faced sandwich? Is that not just toast with stuff on...? Right?"

Letting out a laugh, he shook his head, a small smile on his face. You really were a dumbass, huh? Opening the door, he wasn't even surprised when a pen flew to hit his shoulder, clattering to the floor loudly as you spun in your chair to glare at him. "Schlatt! I'm busy!"

"Talking about sandwiches, yes, yes, I know, of course-very very important." Walking towards you, he gave a fake grin towards the camera. "Well, you've been recording for four hours, now it's my turn with Y/N." He moved faster than you could stop him and made you leave the call, the discord tone ringing out. Turning to you, he gazed down softly, your angry facial expression quickly morphing into confusion.

"Well, this is weird." You stood up, looking up and poking his face. "Did something happen? Did you fall on your head? Did you malfunction? Did you-"

"Jesus christ, I just want attention, ok?"

Your eyes widened, before you turned away a little, hand covering your mouth. "Yeah, yeah, of course." Shoulders shaking, you refused to turn and look at him, so he knew that you were laughing.

"Whatever, I just thought I'd ask for attention once in a while, whatever."

Turning to leave, he was at the door when footsteps rapidly approached, too fast for him to react. You jumped onto his back, arms clinging on tightly and legs wrapping around his body, giggling into his ear. "I'll give you attention, don't worry!" Carrying on giggling, you clung on tighter when he started to move, slowly transporting both of you to the couch.

Smirking, he removed your hands from his shoulders, shaking you off so you fell onto the couch-there were cushions to catch you, and it was only a small fall. Sitting up and flipping him off, you opened your arms, nodding approvingly when he cuddled up to you, head resting on your chest. He sighed in content, eyes closing. Running your hands through his hair, he could feel the smile on your lips when you kissed him, gentle against his forehead.

"Clingy, much?" you asked, smiling smugly when he looked up indignantly, before rolling his eyes and resting back on you.

"Whatever. Stupid podcast," he mumbled, knowing the only reason he found it stupid was because you ignored him while recording-for obvious reasons, but still!

"Your podcast is literally called Chuckle Sandwich, I don't know why you wouldn't appreciate mine."

"Stop being a smartass."

(A/N-the open faced sandwich thing is a genuine question btw i don't understand why it exists

(A/N-the open faced sandwich thing is a genuine question btw i don't understand why it exists...anyways thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed <3)