bestest birthday (techno)

Thank you Nic102 , brieoops , -fallenischaotic and thelibrarypenguin for helping with this oneshot, i appreciate you <3 

You held the bag in your hand, drooping from its weight, the other bundle tucked under your arm, wire trailing loosely onto the floor. Techno definitely had everything planned out much better than you did-you didn't even manage to hide the presents in different places like he did.

But still, you made an effort! And also he spent hours in his streaming room, you couldn't sneak in and hide everything when he was there!

Pushing open the door with your elbow, you shuffled in, placing down the bag more violently than you meant to, awkwardly smiling. "Happy birthday! It's midnight so I'm the first person to tell you that."

"Y/N, you're usually asleep-why are you awake?" He swivelled around in his chair, eyes flicking down to the stuff in your hands, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, I see."

Giving him a thumbs up, you turned the lights off, giggling when Techno made a confused noise, hand patting the wall to find the closest plug socket to you. When you did eventually smack against it, you flipped off Techno who was laughing and plugged the light in, smiling when stars scattered across the whole room, purple and blue light gently illuminating the area. You saw his eyes widen and mouth fall open, gazing around.

"Cool, right?" you asked, fidgeting with your hands anxiously.

"Yeah..." he breathed out, following the stars with his eyes as they slowly rotated around the room. The whole room was covered in them, galaxies decorating the floor as well as the walls, all twinkling. "But what is it?"

You gulped. "It's-it's a map of what the stars were like on the day we got together. I got it custom-made." Glancing up to see his reaction, you panicked when you saw his face was turned away from you. "Wait, it's not...bad, right?" You reached for the bag on the floor, moving closer to Techno and rummaging to find the one you wanted to give first. He patted you on the shoulder, finally turning to face you. If you weren't going blind, his eyes were shining, starlight reflecting off the tears in there.

In the blink of a second, they were wiped away, Techno now smiling gently at you, sitting back down on his chair, turning off his computer quickly. "It wasn't bad, don't worry."

You sighed in relief. "Ok, close your eyes, please?"

He obliged, and you pulled out the flower crown, red flowers intertwined with gold wiring, similar to the one he had given you. Holding it with a shaking hand, you also took out a single red poppy-fake so he could keep it forever-and placed it on his desk, hoping he would notice that it was there at some point. You then carefully put the flower crown onto his head, the crown resting gently on fluffy hair. Taking a step back, you gazed at it proudly, having to stop from jumping in excitement. "You can open now."

He did, blinking at you. "I can't see it."

Blushing in embarrassment, you grabbed your phone, pushing it into his hands so he could actually look at the flower crown-how could you even forget to make sure he could see your present?

After a small silence, he slowly handed your phone back, covering his mouth with his hand, avoiding eye contact. You took that as a positive, taking advantage of his refusal to look at you and bringing out the next present.

The metal was cool against your neck as you hurriedly fastened the necklace on, fumbling with the clasps for a few seconds. You held up the charm, smiling at it before walking to Techno, leaning forward so you could attach the necklace to him, giggling when he jolted. He still refused to look at you, remaining stock still as you fumbled with the clasps again, fingers trembling as the hook refused to connect with the chain. Still, you managed to do it, stepping back and proudly looking at him.

He had given you a necklace for your birthday, so it was your turn to do the same.

Looking down, he gazed at the charm for a few seconds, before finally looking up at you. "A...minecraft pig head?"

Grinning, you held up yours, a crown in the minecraft style. "They're magnetic! See-" Grabbing his minecraft pig charm, you clicked the crown to the top of the pig head, letting go so he could see they were still joined together. "-and it makes a mini you!"

Arms wrapped around you, pulling you into his lap and tightly squeezing, his head buried in your shoulder. The necklaces were still connected to each other, swinging from side to side.

You strained your neck to look at the bag, the remaining two things too far away for you to reach from this position-but you also didn't want to let go. Rubbing his back, you whispered. "Just two more things and you can hug me all you want, ok? And they're really good, I want you to have them."

Begrudgingly, he let go, and you stretched to reach the back, lifting it triumphantly in front of his face. Grabbing his hand, you slowly slid on the ring, letting him bring it up to his eyes while you put on your one.

"We have so much jewellery now-"

"My anarchist?" he interrupted, reading out the engraving.

"Yeah and mine says my arsonist-wait, are you crying now?" Wiping away a tear with your thumb, you pulled out the last gift, hoping he would keep it together for just a little bit longer. "And to think you teased me on my birthday...anyway, here. Your final gift."

Letting him take it from your hands, you waited, watching him pull the pocket watch closer to his eyes, scanning over the engraving. It was subtle, small pigs in a circle going around the metal, only visible if you looked very closely, otherwise appearing as just geometric patterns. The date you got together was carved on the edge, very small, but you could tell he had seen it, a finger tracing over the numbers.

He clicked the watch open, holding a hand to his mouth as he stared at it, before closing it again and dropping it into his pocket, the chain trailing out of it.

"I told you I'd get you back for your birthday." You pulled him in for a hug, resting your head on his shoulder.

He remained silent, head raised up so he could look at the starry ceiling.

"Happy birthday, Techno."

"You already said that, nerd." He knocked his hand softly on your head, letting out a low chuckle. "I love you."

"I love you too."

(A/N-pls tell me someone noticed that on our birthday techno woke up early for us, but in this one reader stays up for Techno

(A/N-pls tell me someone noticed that on our birthday techno woke up early for us, but in this one reader stays up for Techno...pls I'm so proud of that-anyway, i enjoy writing about giving gifts way too much :D)