touch starved (fundy)

Requested by simpsaminnit pls enjoy!

You curled in on yourself, cradling a pillow in your arms and squeezing it tightly, wanting nothing more than to run into Fundy's stream room and jump into his arms.

You weren't having a good day.

Muffled laughter came from behind the door, and you heard him talk excitedly about something-the game, his friends, the chat, you didn't know. What you did know was that you couldn't wait for it to be over, which felt mean, but you were just being honest. Shoving your face into the pillow, you closed your eyes, wondering if falling asleep would help the time pass faster.

Well, it wasn't like you could fall asleep, not with the gnawing, empty feeling in your chest that felt like it was going to rip it apart if you didn't get a hug right now.

Flopping down onto the sofa, you ignored the fact that the blanket was starting to slide away and off your body, leaving you cold, instead squeezing the pillow tighter, as if it could keep you warm.

It didn't.

~~~

Gentle footsteps woke you up, and you blinked, not even remembering when you fell asleep, the pillow still somehow held against your face. A hand rested on your shoulder for a second, before starting to pull away, and you reached out quickly, holding Fundy's hand tightly. "Don't go."

Sitting up, you let the pillow fall onto the floor, trying and failing to return Fundy's smile. His thumb rubbed circles on your hand, gentle and comforting. "Something wrong?"

"Hm," you didn't really want to answer, so you shuffled over, wrapping your arms around him and resting your head against his shoulder. "Wanted a hug."

He stayed silent for a few seconds, before hugging you back, giving you a quick kiss on the head. "You could've asked for one before." Despite his dry tone, his hand stroked your hair tenderly, and he moved so that you could rest against him comfortably.

The empty feeling in your chest started to fade, and you felt as if you could breathe properly again, taking deep breaths.

"Thank you," you whispered, managing to smile.

Fundy was always there for you.

(A/N-did i write this from personal experience? you'll never know!)