better together (dream)

Requetsed by thelibrarypenguin <3 this is a Minecraft irl au :) get ready for some villainy!

You tapped your staff on the ground, the diamond embedded in the top glowing, purple and blue ripples of light surrounding you. A bird chirped loudly, making you jump and point your staff at the tree, charring it to ash, a lonely feather falling to your feet.

"For god's sake..." you grumbled, swiping your hand over your diamond to make it stop glowing. "I'm too full of nervous energy."

There was a small whistle, and you jolted, listening carefully.

-. --- .— (now)

Smiling despite the situation, you jumped, landing on the obsidian ceiling, taking careful steps towards where you were meant to be, eyes scanning the area. Your magic was practically smothering the place, making the air heavier than it should be, ears muffled for those under your spell and vision blurred-which meant you could stay vigilant while they scrambled to take a few steps.

No one had seen you, the warden completely silent, his creeper mask glued to his face-he didn't know that when you took it for "repairs", you also did a little extra tinkering. It wouldn't be coming off his face anytime soon.

Kneeling down when you saw the obsidian block you had marked off, the tiniest speck of iridescent diamond dust glinting in the light, you rested the point of your staff in the centre, holding it upright with two hands. You closed your eyes, taking deep breaths. How many times had you practised this? It was exactly the same as your training, except instead of one obsidian block to break through, it was three layers. Well, at least with magic you didn't have to worry about mining fatigue, since you weren't actually doing any mining. Letting out a small laugh, you furrowed your brow, focusing all of your energy into the block. Blue fire surrounded your entire body, somehow ice-cold against your skin as you breathed slowly, forcing each and every one of your feelings into that stupid obsidian. Hands shaking, you managed to keep your staff on the block, feeling a sense of pride when it dug into the actual thing, small cracks appearing on the surface. Almost there. You were almost there.

Flames erupted from where your staff was, reducing the obsidian to dust, Dream waving at you from the floor of his cell. Smiling tiredly from the top, you pointed your staff at him, surrounding his body with flames so you could pull him up, unceremoniously dropping him next to you.

"Sorry for being a little late," you sighed, your limbs feeling like lead.

"No worries, you just cast like ten spells just to get here." Hearing an alarm go off, followed by several cries, he jumped to his feet, grabbing your hand. "They'll be slowed down by your spells, but we need to go."

You stood up shakily, before he smiled softly, sweeping you off your feet and into his arms and running. Blushing, you quickly cast a spell onto his feet to make him run faster, seeing the diamond on your staff start to flicker a little, your energy running out. It was only for a bit longer. You just had to make it out, that was all.

Still, as he kept running, you could feel the spell cast over the prison start to dissipate, the warden's eyes and ears becoming clearer-he still had the mask glued to his face to worry about though-as well as Dream's enemies finally waking up from their slumber.

"Hold on for me, ok? We're almost there." Jumping up into the trees, he took the time to kiss you on the forehead.

"DREAM!"

"Shit-" Scrambling in his pockets, he pulled out an ender pearl, just as you waved your hand in the air, blurring the warden's vision long enough so he could throw it, far, far into the distance.

He was free. With you.

You leant against the windowsill, gazing at the scene in front of you. Masses of people-some you recognised, some you didn't-all worked tirelessly, eyes blank and empty. All that mattered to them was working for you. An arm wrapped around your waist and you giggled, hearing a wolf-whistle from behind (presumably Sapnap, who had no issues teasing both of you). Dream kissed you on the head, staring at your kingdom.

"This is all because of you," he said, smiling at the brainless people. "And I cannot thank you enough for it."

You saw brown eyes break out from their glazed state in the crowd, fighting furiously against the spell, hand pulling at pink hair to the point some was falling onto the floor. Collapsing to the ground, their body twitched on the floor, brain and body fighting uselessly against the spell, as the other brainless people slowly walked over them, blind to their suffering.

Laughing, you gestured for George to drag the stupid rebel to their execution, before snuggling into Dream.

"We did this."

(A/N-villian y/n supremacy :D i should write more irl Minecraft it's so fun)