jealous, huh? (dream)

Requested by thelibrarypenguin ily, enjoy! <3

You sighed, not quite prepared to spend hours working on your project with a guy you barely knew, already knowing that you'd be left to do all the work. Trust the teacher to make everything more difficult-what was he thinking, pairing you up with a frat boy?

Dream sat down next to you, one eyebrow raised. "You look happy."

Rolling your eyes, you smacked him lightly against the shoulder, putting papers and folders into your bag. "School project. Got paired with the worst person."

"Who?" Dream sounded nonchalant, but you could see the slight clenching of his jaw, his finger tapping against the table.

"Jay. You know him, right?"

Everyone knew Jay. He was notorious for being a stuck-up bitch, someone who believed he owned anyone and anything, and that the world only revolved around him. Oh, and he got with absolutely everything he could.

"I'm going with you." He stood up, taking your bag and waiting for you to stand up as well before storming off, walking way too fast for you to be at his side, so you trailed behind, confused.

The library was pretty much empty when you walked in, Jay waiting at the table with a smirk on his face, which immediately fell when he saw Dream by your side. You sat down opposite him, Dream shuffling his chair over so it was as close as he could possibly be without actually sitting on your lap. Shrugging your shoulders at Jay's confused expression, you brought out your study materials, starting to work on your project without talking, knowing that Jay did not care about the effects of deforestation on the planet.

"Hey, you not gonna give me a job to do?"

"No."

"No."

Both you and Dream spoke in unison, sharing a small smile, and you turned back to your work, honestly just wanting to go home.

"Why're you here anyway? You're not in our class." Jay leant forward, resting his elbows on the table with a scowl, an indiscernible expression on his face (to you anyway, Dream seemed to understand him completely).

"Because I can, since you know, me and Y/N are dating Package deal." As if to prove his point, Dream took your hand-the one that wasn't writing-and squeezed it.

"Tch. Whatever." Jay stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder, walking away without even looking back, and you sighed, knowing that was going to happen sooner or later. Dream visibly relaxed, leaning back into his chair, a proud smile on his face.

Laughing, you shook your head. "Someone got jealous, I see."

"No-shut up. Focus on deforestation or something." He pouted, letting go of your hand and turning away, so you took it back, before turning your attention back to deforestation, like he said.

It was cute when he was jealous.