bad habit (techno)

Requested by KnightTimeNow pls enjoy <33

Techno paused, hand hovering over the door handle. Unless you were baking something insanely sweet, there was no reason for there to be a sickly apple smell surrounding the bedroom, so strong that he struggled to breathe.

It wasn't like artificial apple was dangerous, it was just...weird. And he didn't like that.

Walking in, he blinked, gazing at a cloud of smoke coming out of your mouth, swirling around the room in mesmerising spirals. You carried on billowing out smoke, eyes locked onto the shapes it made, a pink vape being twirled in your hand, a single green light glowing in the dim room.

He waited.

You closed your eyes, sighing and blowing out even more smoke, eyebrows furrowed into a frown, turning the vape off with a click, dropping it onto the bed.

Techno sighed, and your eyes opened wide, locking onto his, completely frozen in place. Standing up shakily, you took a tentative step towards him, fidgeting anxiously with your fingers. He stayed silent, shaking his head a little before sighing again, looking around to see the remnants of the smoke finally leaving the room. Aware of your eyes on him, he walked over to the curtains, opening both of them, unlatching the window after to let in some fresh air, the awful apple smell being blown away by the wind.

"Look, Techno, don't judge too hard, ok?" you said nervously, flopping back onto the bed, legs dangling off the side.

He stayed silent.

You covered your face with your hands. "Just helps with stress relief. Stop being all..."oh I'm better than you cause I don't vape", it's annoying."

"It's bad for you," he answered, sitting down next to you on the bed, reaching out to hold your hand. Stuff like this was not his forte at all-how was he supposed to approach this the right way?

"I know Techno, I'm not stupid."

Yep, he had definitely said the wrong thing.

Gulping, he shuffled closer, squeezing your hand and using his other hand to gently make you look at him, offering a soft smile when you blinked up at him. Relieved, you smiled back. Slowly taking the vape and placing it onto the bedside table, he lay down next to you, wrapping an arm around your body and pulling you close, kissing you on the forehead. You relaxed against him, eyes fluttering closed as you melted into his touch, shaking a little.

"Next time..." he paused, making sure you were still listening. "Next time you feel stressed, come to me, ok?"

You let out a soft laugh, nodding into his chest. "Yeah, sure."

He smiled, kissing you on the forehead again. As your breaths started to get slower and deeper, he eyed the stupid pink vape, tempted to just chuck it into some water just to get rid of it forever.

But cuddling you was more important for now. He could deal with that later.

(A/N-listen to techno here and don't vape everyone >:(( it is not fun, trust me

(A/N-listen to techno here and don't vape everyone >:(( it is not fun, trust me. stay safe <3)