Chapter 2 - Unexpected Friends

Authors Note: Hello! I'm glad you made it to the second chapter! Anyways, a lot of my fight scenes are inspired by Muay Thai boxing, Judo, and a little Taekwondo. I will try to list the names of the moves I write about, so if you like visuals you can look them up. Anyways, enjoy!

Your POV

By the time I reached Shiganshina, night fell over the city. Copenhagen and I found a motel that had a stable for horses, and 'cheap rooming'. I walk up to the poorly lit motel, a clerk sat at the desk reading a newspaper.

"Hi I'd like to rent a room for the night, also I have a horse for the stable," I asked in a rather rude tone, unintentionally. It took about two hours to reach the city, and halfway there it started to pour so navigating the poorly marked dirt roads became even more difficult. Let's just say today was eventful enough and I need a place to rest, asap.

The clerk looks up to me, with a rather irritated expression on his face. "That'll be fifteen silver coins."

I looked at him shocked, There's no way one night and breakfast could be worth that much, but I guess I don't really have a choice. I shoot a glare at him realizing he knows how desperate I am to spend the night since it is almost midnight and I'm drenched in rain.

I discretely take out the desired amount so he can't see how much I actually have. "Here"

He gladly takes the bill and gives me the key to room 10, located on the second floor. He said I could tie my horse in the back stables in any of the open stalls. Also, the stable boys would take care of Copenhagen when it came to feeding, brushing, and changing any horse shoes.

The stable boys helped me remove the few bags I had on Copenhagen, and helped carry my items to my room. I was surprised they decided to assist considering how late it was. I tipped them each a coin as gratitude, they looked at me like I just bought them a house inside wall Sina. I gave them a faint smile and said goodnight as I thrust the door open.

Inside the motel room was a small bed, desk, chair, nightstand, and the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. I immediately started stripping off my clothes, jumped in the shower, and let the hot water soothe my aching muscles. I grab the wrapped bar of soap, complimentary of course, and began washing away all the dirt, grime, and blood that accumulated on my body over the past few days. I make sure to keep my left forearm out of the direct stream of water as much as possible, even though it's important to keep burn wounds clean, direct hot water can irritate the skin even more.

After a few minutes I reach down and touched my toes, stretching all of my back and posterior leg muscles as the water hit my back. God damn does this feel good. I stand back up, rinsing out my (H/L) (H/C), and then turn the shower off.

After drying myself with a towel I hesitantly look in the mirror. I gasp at the sight in front of me. Dark bags hang under the bottom of my eyes, and the tissue around my right eye has a blue and black hue to it. A cut above my right eyebrow started to bleed, I must've scrubbed the scab off when washing my face. I apply a small bandage, luckily my hair covers it when it's down. Smaller bruises litter my body, especially around my abdomen and back.

I look down at my abdomen to appropriately assess the laceration. It already began healing, as indicated by the underlying granulation tissue. But it still needs stitches, I grab my first aid kit and soak some gauze in alcohol, slightly dapping the wound. After debriding the wound, I sewed up fine stitches and taped a dressing over it.

I chuckle thinking about how many times mom made me practice embroidery, saying that fine motor skills will come in handy one day. She was not wrong, in fact I learned a lot about trade skills from her, and how everyday activities could be used as a survival technique one day.