Chapter 25 - Swimming Lessons

Author's Note: So I know the last few chapters have been quite sad and intense, so here's a feel good chapter!

Art Credit: Lelanna on Deviant Art (Levi and Hange are so cute, my second fav ship)

----

Back to Present Day (June 27th, 845)

Captain's Quarters 

Your POV

By the time the memory stops playing in my head, the water runs cold down my back. Goosebumps litter across my skin and I shiver a few times before finally stepping out of the shower. I dry off with a towel and wrap my hair up in a smaller one. I actually slept in today so my bags aren't as prominent as usual and my face seems less tired.

After standing in front of my armoire for what seems like an eternity, I finally change into a dark green sleeveless top that clings to my body tightly, with a pair of black flowy shorts. When I look in the mirror, I smile as I remember this is the same shirt I wore back in May. When Levi and I kissed.

Lately this week, I've noticed my mind has been wandering back to that sweet moment of bliss more often than not. Sometimes I consider reigniting our old flame. I know I shouldn't, especially after what he did and the fact that I'm his superior. But my feelings clearly don't seem to care about reason. When we're together, everything just seems so... natural.

I smack my head with my palm to clear my head. I need to focus my time on enjoying this weekend. And when I mean enjoying, I mean stressing over my own case file. A part of me just wants to burn it, to destroy any evidence of (Y/N) (L/N). Although, I know there's for sure more files out there, probably one in each district, I was quite the traveler.

I also want to keep the document so I can study how well they tracked my activity, as well as figure out who the reporting officer is. Sitting on my bed, I rack my brain around for a few minutes before finally coming to a semi-permanent conclusion. I'll just tear off and burn the top portion of the document that contains my name, description, and profile. Anything below the notes section I can keep as long as I black out my name with ink.

Double checking to make sure my office door is locked, I walk over to the window behind my desk and pull up a chair to stand on. I carefully remove the curtain rod and slide the decorative end piece off to reveal a hollow tube. After a couple shakes, the rolled document falls out and I place the steel rod back in it's proper place. 

Roughly thirty minutes go by and I lean back in my office chair, satisfied with the end-result. I cut off the top portion and tore it into a million pieces, leaving everything underneath the 'Progress Notes' section intact. Then, I proceeded to block out any mentions of my name with pitch-black ink. 

I tap my fingers against my desk while I wait for the ink to dry. I grow bored fairly quickly so I decided to open my top drawer and re-read some letters from the kids. Within minutes I'm chuckling to myself and smiling. The most recent one read:

Hi Aunty!!

Now that's it's finally getting warm out, Armin's grandfather has been letting us go swimming! The family we're staying with has a lake by their house, kind of like the one we always used to go to! Picnics aren't the same without you, we miss all the sweets you could sneak in ;)

It would be super-duper awesome if you could stop by some time to visit, we can make a campfire and tell ghost stories! We asked Armin's family and they said you could spend a few nights if needed. 

We miss you! Please come by soon!

Also macke sure too kick titan-butt during your expidetions! You're the best Scout ever!