Chapter 15 - Shiganshina Falls Part 2

Your POV

As I'm sprinting down the cobblestone road, all I could think about is the steaming muscular face of that titan. After all my months of being with the scouts, never have I heard of a titan this size, nonetheless one without skin. And it almost showed intelligence, it knew exactly where to strike in order to break the wall, but why now?

I shook my thoughts from my head, I'll theorize with Hange and Erwin later, right now my top priority is getting the Jaeger's out of here.

Finally I round the corner, their house should be right here. The scene in front of me is almost one out of a nightmare, a giant boulder crushed their house, and Carla was pinned under a support beam. Eren and Mikasa were straining to lift the beam and Carla was pleading for them to go. I run up and instantly try to help lift the wooden structure, but it was too heavy and my body was still recovering.

Carla turns to me, tears streaming down her face, "(Y/N), please get the kids out of here, my legs are broken, even if you do free me, I can't run. You have to leave me."

"Then I'll carry you dammit!" I let out a cry as I attempt to lift the beam again, but the puncture wound in my shoulder wasn't completely closed, causing my back and shoulder muscles to give out.

Tears start welling up in my eyes as I look back down at Carla, "I can't leave you, I swore I would protect your family, you guys mean so much to me."

As if the situation couldn't get any worse, the ground started to shake and we all look up to see a 15 meter class titan approaching, a disgusting smile plastered on its face framed by short blonde hair. Carla starts to become more frantic, "Please I'm begging you, get Eren and Mikasa out of here!"

I hear the sound of anchors attaching to a building nearby, turning around I see Hannes descending down. Carla cries out, "Hannes! Get Eren, Mikasa, and (Y/N) out of here. Titans are swarming the city."

He smiles, "Ah, you underestimate me Carla, I'll slay this titan and save all of you."

I slap him across the face, startling everyone, "Are you CRAZY, you have never encountered a titan before, you have no idea what it's like, you can't fight them!"

"(Y/N) I'll prove to you that I'm not just some drunken soldier, and then maybe you'll grab a drink with me, eh?" He draws out his blades and starts sprinting towards the titan.

"Hannes!" I call out, but he doesn't listen. I curse under my breath, if only I had my ODM gear, I would have slain that titan by now. My mind was torn, do I go after Hannes to help? Do I try to pull Carla out again? Should I just take the kids and run?

Carla looks back up at me, "(Y/N) please take care of the children, promise me you'll protect them, they're already going to lose their mother. They can't lose you too."

I grab her hand, tears now streaming down my face as I realize I'm going to lose another loved one, "I promise, I promise I'll watch over them and always come back to them, Carla, thank you for everything, you truly have helped me in more ways you could imagine."

"Thank you, (Y/N)"

I grab Mikasa and throw her over my shoulder while Hannes comes running back and carries Eren. He immediately starts struggling as we sprint down the road, "Mom!!! We can't leave her! Hannes, (Y/N), we need to go back, PLEASE." Mikasa remains silent and doesn't try to fight, most likely from being in such a shocked state.

He cries out again, "STOOOOOOOOOP." This time I can't keep looking away, I turn my head and my stomach churns as I watch in horror at the scene unfolding in front of me. The smiling titan moves the debris and grabs Carla, she starts struggling and slams her fist repeatedly on the hand wrapped around her.