Chapter 14 - Shiganshina Falls Part 1

Third Person's POV

Mike was out of breath after speaking, he sprinted across HQ straight to Erwin's office after hearing the news from a courier.

"Mike what are you talking about? What's the meaning of this?"

"I didn't believe it either. But apparently a titan taller than the walls breached the front gate and let a hoard of titans into the city. They're currently trying to evacuate the citizens, but it's mayhem over there."

Erwin furrowed his brows, a titan taller than the walls? That's impossible.

Mike continues, "It get's worse, an armored titan appeared shortly after and busted through Maria's gate. Titans are on their way as we speak, we need to get everyone to Trost."

Levi felt his stomach drop, Shiganshina is where the family (Y/N) is staying with lives, and now titans have infiltrated the city? He tried not to think of the worst, but of course that's where his mind wanders.

"Okay. Mike, you're in charge of telling the other captains to gather their squads. I'll have Shadis direct the evacuation."

Mike wavered for a moment, "Yeah about that... Shadis left for Shiganshina this morning to stop by the Jaeger's."

Erwin pinched the bridge if his nose, this isn't good, his Deputy Commander and top solider are stuck in a city being swarmed by Titans and they don't have their gear. "Alright, I'll direct the evacuation, tell everyone to meet in the courtyard."

When the three walked out of the office and through HQ, it was chaos. Scouts we're running all over the place as the news spread like wildfire. Being inside the walls was supposed to be safe, and now they're worst nightmare is on its way. Everyone was thinking the same thing, how could a titan be taller than the walls?

Erwin turned to Levi as they hurriedly made their way through the corridors, "Since (Y/N) isn't here, you're in charge of gathering your squad. I'll meet you in the courtyard."

The shorter man was left speechless, still trying to process the whole situation. But quickly he composed himself, (Y/N)'s squad depended on him, and he'll be damned if he let her down again. He opened up the folder and started reading through the contents.

Official Document of The Survey Corps Regiment
Section: Reconnaissance Battalion

Report to: Section Commander Mike Zacharias, Deputy Commander Keith Shadis, and Commander Erwin Smith

Squad Members
Captain (Y/N) Johansen (26)
Lieutenant Levi Ackerman (28)
Private Meena Steele (20)
Private Aris Jones (22)
Private Chris Grayson (18)
Private Eld Gin (27)

This squad is responsible for aiding Scout Reconnaissance Missions during expeditions beyond the walls. The purpose of these expeditions is to gain more knowledge on titans, map unmarked territory, secure a base, and kill titans only if necessary.

- Commander Erwin Smith (signature)

After reading the first document and memorizing the names, Levi quickly made his way to the dorms. He recognized Grayson, Steele, and Jones, but who the hell is Eld Gin? Finding everyone was more difficult than he thought, but eventually all the scouts of the southern district we're gathered in the courtyard, awaiting Erwin's commands.

"If you haven't heard already, I've received report from the Garrison that a Colossal sized titan broke the front gate of Shiganshina, allowing a hoard of titans to enter the city. Shortly after an Armored titan breached Wall Maria's gate and now titans are headed our way." Gasps and murmurs could be heard among the scouts, some started to yell.