Chapter 26 - Confessed Feelings

Sunday, June 28th

Somewhere inside wall Sina

Third Person's POV

Jacob slams his fists on the table out of frustration. "What the hell is taking her so long?! I thought for sure she'd figure out who forged that document by now. I couldn't have made it more obvious!"

Kenny rolls his eyes while cleaning off one of his blades. "You know maybe if you didn't black out half the thing she would have found out sooner. And you didn't forge it, that document is an actual police report that you just altered."

"Yeah, yeah whatever, same thing." He says, waving his hand.

Silence falls over the two, something that has been happening more often recently. They used to converse, drink, crack jokes, but now everything seems tense. Jacob grows more irritated each day, he has been planning this reunion for months now. When the titans attacked, he almost lost it. Every part of his plan depended on (Y/N) somehow finding his document. But his luck soon turned around when he found out she's a Scout Captain. After pulling a few strings, he made sure that her squad would be in charge of retrieving his planted evidence.

He added the part about Elias (L/N) betraying the king because only he is the last surviving person who knows the real truth. He thought for sure that piece of information would strike (Y/N)'s curiosity since she never did find out why his dad executed her family.

Kenny breaks the silence by abruptly standing up. "I have an idea! About you talk to her, like a man. Instead of coming up with crazy elaborate plans with a bunch of holes in them."

The dirty blonde whips around. "Are you crazy? Do I look suicidal to you?! I can guarantee you she'll try to kill me on the spot if I ever approach her in person. The only way I can ever get a word in is if she comes to me unsuspectingly."

Kenny shakes his head. "Did I say in-person? Don't you remember how we used to communicate back in the old-days? Arrange a message, and I'll have one of my guys drop it off in her office. You can even use my stamped insignia so she'll think it's me."

Jacob goes over the proposition in his head. He likes the idea, this way he will probably see her sooner than later. The one downside is he fears she will suspect something and keep her guard up, making his part of the plan a bit more difficult. After going over different scenarios and conclusions, he decides on Kenny's idea.

"Alright," he sighs, "Guess I have to make a trip to the florist."

-----

Monday, June 29th

Survey Corps HQ

Your POV

I lean my head back out of boredom, Erwin's meetings always put me to sleep. Today he is going over our budget and how, like always, the government directed funds away from our expeditions. The officials believe that our trips are useless and a waste of resources. Personally, I think they can all shove it up their assess because they're the ones hiding the truth from us to begin with.

Ugh, two days off wasn't enough. I had so much fun messing around with the kids and swimming with Levi. I also enjoyed admiring his physique a bit too much. Damn, his abs and back muscles are the definition of perfection. And the way his wet shorts hugged his ass? Hottest thing ever. I could also tell he's packin, his bulge -

My daydreaming is interrupted by a forceful shove to my shoulder. I look to my left to see Hange wiggling her eyebrows at me and she leans over to whisper, "Whatcha thinking about?"

Oh shit, have I been making a face this whole time?

"Nothing, I'm just bored," I say in a monotoned voice hoping she doesn't press further.