Chapter 10 - Dark and Light

Third Person's POV

Erwin, Mike, and Levi stood in shock as (Y/N)'s body laid on the ground in a supine position, her arms out to the side and head slightly turned. All three of them we're thinking the same thing, How was she so strong? 

Titan's blood was slowly steaming off her, but a decent amount remained. The random scout who put her in a choke hold turned out to be Hange. "Hey, idiots, are you listening to me? I said one of you needs to carry her to the medical wagon." Hange was tapping her foot impatiently with her hands on her hips.

Erwin shook his head, snapping himself out of his thoughts. "I'll carry her, she's my responsibility." He reached down and scooped one arm behind her head and one behind the back of her legs. He gingerly picked her up, not wanting to cause her anymore injuries. All four walked back to others and Erwin placed her in the wagon. 

Hange turned to the other three, "She's in bad shape, I'm gonna need a hand with helping positioning her." 

Erwin turns to Levi, "Levi, you'll know the extent of her injuries the most out of everyone, go help Hange." Levi silently nodded before saluting and entering the wagon as well. Hange already took off (Y/N)'s jacket, leaving her in a standard light gray t-shirt. 

Hange looked up, "Levi, I need to tell me what exactly happened." Levi gulped, trying to recall the order of events. After explaining what happened he looked away, ashamed. He was surprised to hear Hange let out a slight chuckle, "I've only know (Y/N) for a little over six months, but honestly it doesn't surprise me that she attacked you first." 

Levi cleaned up her face and neck, while Hange worked on stitching up the gash on her cheek. After all the blood and grime was wiped away, Levi couldn't help but admire her beautiful features, even beaten up she looked as angelic as ever. "Okay, now we need to turn her over, if you really did sink an anchor in her back then it'll be a bleeder."

Hange log rolled her upper body while Levi log rolled her lower half. The both gasped at the site of her back. Blood soaked through almost the entirety of the back of her shirt. Hange immediately took out her shears and started cutting open the shirt down the middle. She took out some antiseptic and cleaned out the puncture wound. "This doesn't seem right, are you sure your anchor went deep enough to pull her off? It should have hit her scapula, but I don't see bone."

Levi stared down in disbelief, he too thought something was off, the puncture hole didn't seem nearly big enough. "I'm positive. I even felt it latch onto something." Hange hummed in response, keeping her eyebrows furrowed. The wound was too deep and too wide to require stitches, so she just applied some antibiotic cream to prevent infection, packed it with gauze, and placed a dressing over it. 

While Hange was assessing her vitals again, Levi cleaned off the rest of her back. As he wiped the blood away he froze at the site. Scars littered her back, some very old, some more recent. What really caught him off guard was a giant claw mark that ran from the middle of her back diagonally to the left. Most of the scars on the upper middle region resembled whip marks. (Y/N) what happened to you? Who did this to you?

Hange's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "We have to flip her back over. She may have broken ribs." They performed the same action as earlier. Levi looked away has Hange started unbuttoning her shirt, even though he desperately wanted to look, it felt wrong to him. 

Hange finished undoing the last button and leaned forward to observe (Y/N)'s injury more closely. Large dark blue and purple bruises covered her abdomen and rib cage. Hange palpated her ribs, checking if they we're broken.

She muttered under her breath. "That's strange."

Levi looked up, still avoiding (Y/N)'s shirtless appearance. "What's strange? Is something wrong?"