Chapter 11 - Hospital Bed

2 Days Later

Survey Corps HQ (Inside Wall Maria)

Your POV

Slowly coming to my senses, I start to take in my surroundings as I wake up. One of the first things I noticed was a sharp, throbbing pain in my left shoulder blade. I pry my eyes open, squinting at the sudden light source. Looking up, I notice a familiar beige ceiling. I crane my neck to the side to see that I'm in a hospital bed. The blue curtain was completely pulled around, obscuring my vision of any other patients.

I must be in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), or else I'd have my own private room. Wait, what happened? Why am I here?

Immediately a slight panic rose up and I went to check if my sleeve was still on. I lift the hospital blanket and check my arm for the familiar green fabric, luckily it was still there, untouched. I take note of the dark grey shirt and clean pants I'm in.

I try to sit up but groan in pain as soreness in my abdomen forces me back down. The more I wake up, the more I notice how bad of a condition I'm in. My whole body aches, my head is pounding, and my throat is so dry I feel like I just swallowed sand. I stay laying down, trying to get more acclimated to the environment.

The buzzing sound of nursing staff and patient's could be heard throughout the unit. Some soldiers we're groaning in pain, some crying, and others conversing amongst each other. I go to open my mouth to speak but nothing coherent comes out, only a hoarse squeak.

I hear a familiar voice approaching my patient area. "Dr. Jaeger, thank you for coming again to help. She hasn't woken up yet and we're getting worried."

"Of course Commander Smith! (Y/N) is a dear friend of mine."

I see the blue curtain be pulled back and was met with Erwin and Grisha, they both smiled seeing that I'm awake. Grisha pulled up a chair next to me while Erwin stood in the back, I couldn't read his facial expression, it was a mixture of happiness and confusion.

"(Y/N) how are you feeling?"

My mouth has moistened slightly so I was able to croak out, "Wa-ter." Grisha understood and handed me a glass of water after helping me to a sitting position. I down the whole thing in seconds and wipe a few drops off my mouth.

I look at him and give him a small smile. "Well, to put it lightly, I feel like shit. And my memory is a little fuzzy on why I'm here."

Erwin raises his eyebrows at my answer. He takes a few steps closer and leans against the footboard of the bed. "What's the last thing you remember?"

I inhale deeply and close my eyes, trying to think back on what happened. Images from the expedition flash through my head, most of them from my fight with Levi. My face starts to flush red with anger as the scene of him kicking me in the face plays across my eyes. Balling my hands into fists I open my eyes, looking at Erwin.

"Where is he." I hissed.

Erwin's face remains unchanged from it's normal serious expression. "(Y/N), answer the question."

"After talking to you I went after Levi and the others to try to talk things over. I ran into Levi and we fought. I was able to escape but he caught up to me and pulled me off my horse with his gear, slamming me into a tree and kicking my face, knocking me out."

My breathing picked up and I had to take a few slow breaths in as I calmed myself. "Then I remember waking up to a titan near me, but it soon left. After that I stood up and took off through the forest, but after that I don't really recall anything."

Erwin crosses his arms and straightens up, furrowing his eyebrows and biting the inside of his cheek. "So you don't remember killing multiple titans, yelling at me, throwing Mike at me, and almost choking Levi to death?"