43. Vampires Mate

requested by readingsmut123 i hope you liked it
ive only read few vampire stories so there might be wrong info about them

3rd person's POV

y/n and bf/n was dressed for a formal event.

They were walking hand in hand as they reach the venue.

y/n felt beautiful in her dress. The only thing that she needs to be concerned about is the vampires in that party.

She will be surrounded with those kinds of creature and she might end up with dried veins.

She felt bf/n lift her hand. A lingering kiss was placed on the palm.

He knows that she felt anxious and scared, he can feel it.

"I am here to protect you," he reassured her.

Though she felt scared, she trusts him to protect her no matter what happens.

Once they entered the party, they were greeted by bf/n's aquaintances.

They all look formal and respectful.

Vampires characteristics were tall, young and strong looking.

All eyes landen on y/n.

It was obvious that she's the only human in that party. Her appearance are far more different than the vampires.

Even the waiters were vampire.

bf/n placed his arm around y/n's shoulder.

y/n looked up to see her boyfriend glowering at the people.

They walk to a table and bf/n let y/n sit.

"I'm going to talk someone over there," he whispers to her while pointing to a person, "I'll be fast."

Before leaving her, he held her hand and kissed the back of it.

She felt anxious once again.

She stroked her hand where bf/n placed a kiss. She could still feel the warmth and the shape of his lips there.

A guy suddenly sat beside her. She didn't feel his presence til she turned.

"Human shouldn't be alone in this room full of vampires like me," he smiled.

y/n was already shaking in fright. She wanted her heart to stop beating so hard. She was aware that vampires can feel every pulse in someone's body.

The self defenses she learnt before cannot be applied when it come to vampires. They are too fast, too strong for her to use it.

She only have her boyfriend who is more superior to most of his kind.

"Hey, don't be scared," he forced a soft voice, getting closer to y/n, holding her waist. He tilted his head and aim for her neck.

But he suddenly stopped.

y/n moved away from him, disgust visible on her face.

"So you're marked already." he said with raspy voice. "bf/n's scent lingering your body. The smell is so strong, anyone can tell how much protective he was towards you."

y/n just remembered that everyone in this party knows the name bf/n.

Slowly, the man distanced himself to y/n.

She didn't know how scared he was when he smelled bf/n's scent on her. He managed to look relaxed when deep down he's trembling so bad.

When he walked away, y/n let out a deep sighed. She has been unconsciously holding her breath.

Marked.

She didn't even know how and when he marked her. But atleast it made that stranger go away.

"Sorry, I took too long than expected," bf/n sat beside y/n and gave her a kiss. "Did someone approached you?"

y/n nodded.

"Well, he tried to get close to me but he told me I am marked," she paused and watch his facial expression change. "When did you even marked me?"

"Not long ago," he simply said and drank to his wine.

"But why?"

"It's normal for mates to-"

"Mates?!" she accidentally shouted. "Oh sorry."

She slapped her hand to her mouth. She can feel people looking at her.

"We're mates?!" she whisper-shouted.

"Since birth."

"What?! How?- How did you even know that?"

He laughed at her. The expressions she makes made him love her even more. She looks beautiful. She always does.

"Smell, baby, I can smell you miles away," he smiled. "And because you're a human, you can't smell something from far away."

He stood up and reached his hand out, asking for y/n's. "Can I have a dance with my mate?"

She smiled, taking his hand, "of course."