29. Promposal

Dedicated to those who didn't experience prom 

Requested by @fanfic123ann
-thank you, I hope you loved this♡♡-

1st person's POV

I was scanning through the basketball court for my boy best friend, who is also my crush. Of course.

He's always here somewhere, doing either talking with his group of friends or eating alone.

I'm finding him because I'll borrow that book I always borrow from him.

"Looking for me?" Someone whispered in my ear and I jumped, screaming in the process.

I glared at the man who whispered in my ear, while blushing, before looking around to see if anyone heard my scream. There are a few, so I mouthed sorry.

Then I turned back to him, my best friend, and slapped his arm repeatedly.

"Don't do that!" I scolded him and just he laughed and repeatedly said sorry.

My heart was beating so fast as our eyes met. I feel like I'm gonna melt any second.

He raised his hand that was holding the book and I forced my attention to it, "need this?"

I smiled and took it from him, "hehe, thank you."

"Anytime."

"Will you be attending the prom next month?" He asked and placed his arms around my shoulder then started walking.

I nodded, "of course! I wouldn't want to miss that event! Will you be going too?"

"Yeah, if you're going, I'm going, as always," he smiled down at me.

Since we became close, he always follows what I decide for myself. I'm worried that if I took the wrong path, he'll be with me and regret it.

We talked for a while as we walked around the campus.

*time skip*

I got home very late and tired. He asked me to go to the arcade with him and of course, I agreed. It was fun and tiring.

I sat down on my desk and started reading the book I borrowed from my best friend.

I am really interested in this subject so I do an advanced reading.

Once I flipped on the next page, I saw a folded paper on it.

I got curious so I opened it.

Then it says:

I'm gonna keep this straightforward, come to the prom with me.

"Huh?" was my first word after reading that short note.

Excitement and nervousness started blooming in my chest as I thought about the note.

I kept reading the note over and over again.

Is this for me?

My body subconsciously looked for my phone and called him.

He answered immediately.

"H-hello?" I stuttered as my heart was beating so fast from excitement.

"So," he paused for a sec, "would you like to?" 

He's talking about the note right?

"To the prom? With you?"

He hummed, "of course!"

My heart started to hurt as it beats faster than ever but in a good way and my stomach was tingling.

"I would lo-love to," I said shyly.

I heard him shout words but I don't understand a thing. His voice was full of joy.

Our conversation went on until midnight, talking about the prom and memes about it. We laughed and fought a little over the idea of my prom dress.

*prom day*

I was walking in my ideal prom dress confidently, with my best friend beside me, hand in hand.

My palms were sweaty but I think he doesn't mind.

His hands were larger than mine. It was warm that I wanted to hold it forever.

He accompanied me from home to the prom place. As we were riding in his car, he never stopped compliment me about how beautiful I am.

It was very luxurious looking inside. There were already people with beautiful dresses and suits.

"It's larger than I expected," he said as he looks around. He unclasped his hand and put his arms on my shoulder.

We explored the place then we ate a lot. We were having fun and partying like crazy. We met people we haven't known before and made friends with them. We also ate tons of food.

Then there was a part where we danced to the slow music. Swaying our bodies, looking to each other's eyes.

Then he suddenly ran his thumb on my cheek, "there's ketchup." He said in a low voice that made my whole body electrify.

"You know," he stated, "we've been best friends for so long now, we've known each other fo long so. . ."

He paused and looked deeply into my eyes. Everything went blurry and all my attention was to him. I could feel both our hearts beating through our chest.

"Will you be my girlfriend. . ."

•••••••••••••
(A/N): I was scared to publish this. idk

I hope you like it thoo

She has 3 other requests that I want to write so that'll be the next

(♡˙︶˙♡)