Chapter 21

Monday morning, I surprisingly woke up before my alarm went off.

I had a lot of time to get ready for school, so I figured I could get some more sleep but a few minutes later, I was still awake so I decided to take a shower instead.

As I was putting on my clothes, I saw my reflection in the mirror and grimaced.

I had put on weight and I hadn't even realized it.What with eating all that junk food with Aaron almost every day, it was bound to happen.

I needed to work out, badly.

After putting on my clothes,  I put on a little bit of makeup and ran a brush through my hair, leaving it down.

I saw Aaron stuffing his face hungrily, making me chuckle softly.

The sound made him look up and he smiled at me, showing his cute dimples.

I smiled back ."Morning," I muttered as I approached the dining table.

Aaron winked in response and went back to eating.

"Good morning, dear," Joanna said with a warm smile as she set a plate of pancakes on the table, making my mouth water.

"Thanks," I said, returning her smile and dug in.

I suppressed a moan. They were amazing, as usual.

I gave Joanna a thumbs up and she grinned in response before returning to the kitchen.

I looked around for Amanda but didn't say anything, remembering that Aaron got really pissed these days, when it came to Amanda.

Just as I finished eating, and Aaron finished eating his second plate, she sat down on the chair next to me."Morning," she said and I smiled at her. Aaron however, made no attempt to acknowledge her. She didn't seem to notice though.

"Let's go, Ashley," Aaron said to me without looking at his sister, even once.

"Aren't we going together?" I raised an eyebrow, glancing between Amanda and Aaron.

"No," they both replied simultaneously.

"Oh,okay. See you later, Amanda, bye Jo!" I said the last part a but loudly since Joanna was still in the kitchen.

"Have a good day!" she yelled back.

"Bye," Amanda said with a small smile, and then turned to Aaron with a frown,since her brother wasn't paying any attention to her at all,but she didn't make any comment.

Normally, Aaron would make a few sarcastic remarks about Jake and annoy her and she would tell him off but today they weren't talking at all.

Aaron and I got into the car in silence.We were halfway to school, when he finally broke the silence. "I'm, uh, sorry for um, snapping at you the other day."

I looked at him with surprise.I hadn't expected him to say anything about that incident.

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean to," I said reassuringly.

He stared at me for a few seconds.He looked like he was going to say something but just then the car came to a halt.

"We're here," he said slowly and got out.

Sighing loudly,I got out of the car as well,but not before getting a weird look from the driver, Simon.

I'd thought Aaron would have already left, but to my surprise, he was waiting a few metres away for me.

Oh yeah, we go to the same school now.

Smiling inwardly at the gesture, I walked over to him.

Together,we went inside the school building earning a lot of looks from the kids making me snort.