Chapter 25

What the hell just happened?

I grabbed a glass and poured some water in it, wondering why Aaron had come in the first place.

Joanna came in then, breaking the tension.

I quickly finished drinking the water and dashed upstairs before anything else could happen with Aaron.

I'd been having way too many awkward encounters with him lately.

I went to my room and tried doing my homework but I couldn't concentrate at all. My mind was elsewhere. And it's not that hard to guess where exactly.

I put my headphones on and turned up the music to the loudest to drown out all my thoughts.

It didn't seem to work, because even then , all I could think of was Aaron.

The way my heart started pounding at a very high rate everytime he was around, how I'd start blushing, how I reacted to him being around in general and more than that, how I felt when he wasn't around..

This was going nowhere. Aaron Woods was driving me absolutely  insane.And the weirdest thing was that now he didn't even have to be around me to drive me crazy. The mere thought of him was enough.

Frustrated, I yanked the headphones off and threw them on the floor in exasperation.

"Whoa there."

I looked up to see him leaning against my door. How could someone look so perfect just standing?

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

God, I hated him at times. He was the reason why my brain refused to function properly and he was the reason why I seemed to be developing the symptoms of a heart disease.

He shouldn't affect me this much. No one should affect anyone this much.

"I just came to call you for lunch," he walked into my room and sat down on the bed.

My eyes met his hazel ones and I was a millisecond away from melting when he opened that big mouth of his."Are you on your period?" he asked, looking genuinely curious.

I wanted to hit him, I really did.

"You're annoying."

He fake frowned. "Come on now."

I didn't answer.

"Are we going to talk about what happened or?"

"What do you mean?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

There was no escaping this.

"Fine, let's talk."

"What happened earlier..."

"I wasn't avoiding you."

"I think you were."

"Aaron, I really wasn't."

"Why did you go to the kitchen?"

"To get...water."

"You already had a glass full of water on the table."

Shit.

"Get to the point," I let out a defeated sigh.

"You're hiding something."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Since when are you so observant ?"

"And now you're dodging my question," he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Aaron, what do you want?"