Chapter 2

"Get the hell out of here, Trent!" I heard Kayla yell as I walked towards her bedroom.

I cringed. Having a pissed off Kayla was never good.

"Please rela-

"Don't you fucking dare tell me to relax!"

"Please Kayla! You know we would never-"

"Trent, I swear to God if you don't leave right now-"

"Fine! Alright. I'm leaving but would you please hear me out-"

I was at Kayla's house and Trent and Kayla were fighting. Oh God, this was so, so wrong. Trent and I could never ever dream of doing something like this.

I rushed inside to see many broken things on the floor. Her right hand which tightly clutched a flower vase was bleeding.

"Kayla! Your hand!" I exclaimed.

She gave me a terrifying look. Kayla was really scary when she was angry.

"Don't act like you fucking care!"

"Of course I care, Kayla! You're my best friend!"

She raised an eyebrow. "Really now?"

"Of course Kay. Please hear us out. You know we would never ever do that to you!" Trent exclaimed, trying to walk closer to her.

"Now, put that vase aside and relax. Okay?" Trent said softly, taking small and slow steps towards her.

Trent was really good with situations like these.

He slowly took the vase out of her hand and sat her down on the bed.
"Baby, look at me," he said gently to her.

She didn't.

He placed his hands on either side of her face and made her look at him.

"Now, do you really think we would do anything of this sort?"

"But-"

I figured I should leave the two of them alone and quietly crept out of Kayla's room and went to my room.

I sighed and threw myself on the bed without bothering to change my clothes. This night had been exhausting.

***

I instantly regretted waking up when the events of last night came rushing back to me.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and cringed. I looked like a crazy person with my makeup all smudged and my hair messed up.

I quickly took a shower and put some clothes on. I didn't want Kayla's family to kick me out now, did I?

I paced outside her room, wondering what to do. I was hesitant about trying to talk to her because trust me, nobody wanted to face angry Kayla.

But maybe Trent had talked some sense into her?

With a deep breath, I entered her room. "Here goes nothing," I muttered to myself opening the door.

She was my best friend, after all. She would have to hear me out.

Only she wasn't there.

"Kayla?" I said, walking inside.

When I'd looked everywhere in her room, including the bathroom, I went downstairs.

"Kayla, honey are you up?"

It was Kayla's mother.

"No, it's me Maureen. Good morning," I smiled at her. "Morning Fred," I said to Kayla's six year old brother.