Epilogue

*A few months later*

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up.

I groaned,feeling around for my phone. Grabbing it,I answered without even looking and put it near my ear.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I winced."God, Cole it's freaking three in the morning."

"It's ten in the morning! Why aren't you up yet? We called you like five million times."

I just grunted in response.

"Wow. You're welcome," he said sarcastically. "Here, El wants to talk to you."

"Happy birthday,Ashley! Now hurry up and get dressed.We're picking you up in half an hour."

"But E-"

She hung up.

Sighing, I put my phone away. Maybe I could sleep again? Ten more minutes wouldn't hurt...

My phone started ringing again.

I groaned. Why was everyone calling me?Didn't they love me? Why wouldn't they let me sleep?

I answered without looking again,ready to snap at whoever it was.

"Happy birthday babe."

Or not.

"Aaron,you already wished me," my lips automatically turned up into a smile.

He had. He had called me at midnight so he was the first one to wish me.

"I know I just miss you," he answered.

I could imagine him smiling goofily and it made me smile. I finally opened my eyes and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm not there with you."

I bit my lip. I missed him so much.

"It's okay, Aaron. It really is. Besides,you were the first one to wish me," I said,trying to hide how much I missed him.

He was away for a match and wouldn't be back at least for a week.

He chuckled. "I'll make it up to you,I promise."

"Sure. When are you coming back again?"

"I-Okay. Hey,Ashy I gotta go. I'll call you later. Have an awesome day."

"Okay, bye."

And with that he hung up.

I sighed,looking at the wallpaper on my phone. It was a picture of Aaron and me,him kissing my cheek.

I smiled. It was my favourite picture of us.

Putting my phone on the bedside table, I got up and decided to get ready.

I was just going to go shower when my parents came into my room.

"Happy birthday,honey!"

"Happy birthday, sweetheart."

They both said simultaneously, hugging me.

"Thanks you," I smiled,hugging them back tightly.

"We came to wish you earlier but you were sleeping," Mom said as we pulled away.

"Thank you for not waking me up," I laughed.

Dad ruffled my hair. "Always the sleepy head. "

"Okay sweetie,we'll leave you to get dressed. I left your present in your closet," Mom smiled.