Chapter 18

Wake me up when it's all over

When I'm wiser and I'm older

All this time I was finding myself

and I didn't know I was lost.

Never had I ever hated a song more than I did this one at the moment. I'd made the horrible mistake of setting it as my alarm tone, so it was now waking me up at fucking six in the morning.

Groaning and cursing, I managed to roll out of bed.

"Piece of shit!" I yelled at my phone in annoyance.

Safe to say, I wasn't a morning person.Who is, anyway?

I quickly showered to get rid of all the sleepiness and hurried out in a towel, dried my hair and put on some skinny jeans and threw on a random top that I found and put my denim jacket on over it.

I didn't usually bother with makeup but since it was the first day after the holidays, I was slightly motivated.

So, I quickly put on a little makeup until I decided I looked decent and grabbing my things, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

"You look nice," a voice I knew all too well said.

My cheeks heated up as I looked at him. He actually complimented me. Wow. Someone throw me a medal.

"Wish I could say the same for you," I joked.

Obviously, that was a total lie because he looked particularly hot to day. Normally, he hardly ever made any effort to look good and he looked hot, but today he had so it was like ten times the hotness. His hair was slightly tidier than usual, and he was wearing a leather jacket. Yum.

He smirked."You say that after totally checking me out like that?"

Cocky much?

"You call this good, Aaron? Since when is the caveman look in?" I shot him a dirty smile.

"Since you came into existence."

Ouch.

I ignored his comment, poured myself a bowl of cereal and quickly gobbled it down.

"Hey guys!" Amanda's cheerful voice greeted.

I turned to look at her while pulling my jacket on.

"Morning," Aaron and I said simultaneously.

We looked at each other, then back at Amanda.

She laughed. "Hi."

"Grab something to eat real quick, cause we're leaving in five," Aaron told his sister while shoving some eggs in his mouth, followed by a bite of toast and a swig of juice, not even waiting to swallow what was already in his mouth.

Gross. But for some reason it made me crack a small smile. It was such an Aaron thing to do.

"Whatcha giggling at?" Aaron asked with an amused look.

"You have something on your face," I lied.

He rubbed his hand over his face."Okay now?"

"Nope, still there," I lied again just to frustrate him.

He kept moving his hand over his face but since I said no each time, he finally gave up."Ah,fuck it."

"Right, I'm done. Let's go,"Amanda said.

We were all going in the same car, although we went to different schools.

Amanda and I were sitting side by side, Aaron in front of us.