Chapter 45

The next few days were quite uneventful. I eventually got used to the fact that I was no longer living with Aaron and that now the only place where he was under the same roof as me everyday was school.

It was a Saturday afternoon. I was in my room working on an essay due Monday.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I replied,closing my book.

I rubbed my eyes groggily. I'd been reading for quite a while now.

There was another knock.

"Come in!" I said a bit louder this time.

They knocked again. Oh my God.

I pushed myself off the bed and pulled the door open. My jaw dropped when I was who it was.

"Dad!" I grinned, throwing my arms around him.

He smiled, hugging me back.

"I thought you weren't coming back for another month!" I exclaimed as we pulled away, remembering him mentioning so during the last time we had Skyped.

"I was going to but I got homesick. It has been quite a while since I left," he said.

"I'm so glad you're back," I smiled,hugging him again as I kissed his cheek.

Dad and I had always gotten along really well. I mean, I was his only child after all.

We all had pasta together before my dad excused himself. He was exhausted and mom and I both agreed that he needed rest.

I spent the rest of the day in my room studying for a test on Monday. I wanted to get everything done today because I wanted to be free tomorrow. I was going over to the Woods' tomorrow.

The next day I woke up early to complete the essay–I had started working on it yesterday so it wouldn't take long-–and to go through my books again for tomorrow.

When I was finally done at around twelve, I quickly got dressed into something nice and pulled my hair into a ponytail before going downstairs.

Mom caught me just as I was pulling my jacket on.

"Where are you going?"

"To Aaron's house. We might go out somewhere," I shrugged."I'll be back in the evening."

"Alright. Be careful."

I nodded. It was hard but I forced myself to ask her.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"You are okay with...all this,right?"

She looked surprised at first but then slowly nodded.

"I want you to be happy, Ashley. And while I would definitely like to know Aaron better, he seems like a good kid. I trust you but I still want you to be careful,alright?"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Yes mom. Thank you," I pulled her into a hug.

She hugged me back."Now get going, he must be waiting for you."

I felt my cheeks heat up the tiniest bit.

"Oh,mom?"

"Hmm?"

"I might bring Aaron over to introduce him to dad tonight. Can you please let dad know?"

Both of my parents already knew that I was seeing someone. I had told both of them about him when we had first started going out.