Chapter 31

"What a lovely surprise! Come on in, all of you," Cara, Trent's mother invited us in.

All five of us entered the house and were welcomed by the aroma of coffee.

"I've missed you honey," Cara said, pulling me into a hug.

"I've missed you too, Cara," I replied with a smile, hugging her back.

"How have you been?" I asked as I pulled away from her.

"I've been great, honey. Just been busy because of the renovation. How have you been?" she asked.

"I've been good too," I replied, thinking of Aaron. A smile immediately made its way onto my face.

Someone cleared their throat.

"Cole! You've grown up, boy!" Cara exclaimed, although I was sure she must've seen him just a week or two ago.

He laughed in return and hugged her."How's my favorite old lady doing?" he asked with a grin.

"Old? I'm barely a few years older than you."

We all laughed. Cara was such a cute person.

"Well, why don't you introduce me to your other friends?" Cara asked, gesturing towards Aaron and Elena.

"This is Elena and this is-"

"-her boyfriend, Aaron," Cole said.

"Cole!" I hissed.

Cara laughed. "Stop teasing her, Cole."

"What? It's tru-"

"Why don't you all sit down while I help mom get us something to eat? Yeah? Come on," Trent cut in, ushering everyone towards the living room.

I shot him a grateful look and mouthed "thank you".

"Cole, you ..." I let out a string of colourful words the minute Cara was out of earshot.

He laughed."Fine , I'm sorry."

"Sorry? You jerk!" I punched his arm.

He groaned in pain and threw himself on one of the sofas. "It is true though, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is true," Aaron confirmed, planting a kiss on my cheek making me blush and Elena "aww".

"Knew it," Cole said, plopping down. I  sat down next to him.

I glanced at Aaron. He was sitting on the couch next to us.

Just then Cara and Trent emerged from the kitchen.

"Here you go. Help yourselves," Cara said as she set steaming mugs of coffee on the table.

Trent came in behind her, with a plate of cookies in one hand and some kind of cake in the other.

After absolutely stuffing ourselves, we all decided to watch a movie.

Trent and I had half a mind to watch a horror movie, just to see Coles' s reaction. Needless to say, the last time we'd watched one together, it had been, for lack of better words, entertaining.

However Cole seemed to have predicted what we had in mind, and quickly chose some random comedy.

Cole, Elena and I sat together with Aaron and Trent on the other couch.

I was disappointed to be away from Aaron, of course.But I sucked it up and tried to concentrate on the movie.

My phone vibrated five minutes into the movie.