Chapter 23

"Are you going to tell me who did this to you or not?" Aaron gritted his teeth.

Amanda sighed."For the last time it wasn't anyone's fault but mine.Let it go, okay?"

"Tell me exactly what happened."

"I was just getting out of the school building and I wasn't really looking when I crossed the road ,the light was red. I happened to come in the way of  some poor guy's car. End of story."

"Are you sure that's it?"

"What fucking else, Aaron? Now can you please leave me alone? I'd really appreciate it."

Aaron flinched as if he'd just been slapped.

"Have it your way," he said coldly and left her room.

I glanced awkwardly at her before shooting her an even more awkward smile and leaving.

Every single person in the Woods household had been stressed for the past 48 hours - myself included.

Aaron, especially, was so worked up. I had no idea he worried so much about Amanda.

It wasn't surprising, though. She was the only person who'd been with him for this long.Of course he'd be overprotective when it came to her.

The next few days went by slowly. Both Aaron and I started going to school while Amanda stayed at home with Joanna and her gorgeous food.

I was just getting out of my class on Friday, checking the time on my phone when I ran into a wall.

A motherfudging wall.

I let out a yelp as my forehead made contact with the wall.That wasn't all though, no.

I was falling backwards onto the concrete floor and get my skull split into two when when a pair of arms caught me.

"How do you even manage to do that everyday?" he chuckled, as our eyes met.

"It's a talent I was born with," I muttered sarcastically as I tried to get out of his grip.

"You know what talent I was born with?" he whispered, holding me firmly so I couldn't even move an inch.

I knew a dirty comment would follow this.
Oh , I could bet everything I owned that this was an innuendo.

"I'll have to show you that sometime," he winked.

See? I knew it.

"You're disgusting."

"I wasn't talking about-"

"Sure you weren't."

"Aww, you know me too well, Ashy."

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"What, Ashy?" he said the nickname in a louder tone purposely.

He was getting on my nerves alright.

"As delightful as this has been, I'd appreciate it if you let go of me this instant. "

"Nah, I'm good," he smirked.

"Aaron."

He only pulled me closer.

My lips parted in surprise."Aaron...people are watching," I whisper yelled, trying not to gain any attention, which of course didn't help since many students were already staring.

He ignored what I was saying and his gaze landed on my lips for a second before slowly, they met my eyes.

"I don't care," he whispered leaning in slightly.

My heart was beating erratically. "Aaron..."

He kept coming closer to me and my heart was beating so fast, it was all I could hear.

"Whoa,whoa. What's going on here?" a voice spoke, snapping us out of our daze and we both jumped apart.

It was Cole, smirking at us with a knowing look,hands in his pockets.

Had Cole not come just then, would he have kissed me?

"Hey, Cole," I said awkwardly, knowing he'd never let me live this down.

"Hey, Cole," Aaron copied me, awkwardly scratching his neck.

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" Cole asked, looking anything but sorry.

I shot daggers at him."No, you did not."

This only added to his amusement.

"Oh, but it seems like I was interrupting something," he winked. "I'll leave you two to finish it," he smirked at me and I resisted the urge to slam his head on the wall repeatedly.

The jerk left, leaving me and my embarrassment with Aaron.

"Sorry about Cole. He just likes getting on my nerves," I paused."Just like-"

"-Me?" He finished for me with a smug look.

"Yeah."

"That's why I like him."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

He winked at me.

"We'll continue this argument later. I need to get to class, bye."

I left  walked away,towards my next class when I heard him call my name.

"What?" I asked spinning around — and crashing into his chest. I hadn't realized he was standing right behind me. And by right behind that, I mean merely an inch or two.

"Ouch!" I grumbled, rubbing my forehead. Yeah, I only reached up to  his chest.

"Oh sweetie," he steadied me,"you just love touching my hot bod, don't you?"

"It's okay to dream once in a while. But everyday? That's a bit too much, don't you think?"

He clicked his tongue."You really lack manners, my love."

My love?

I rolled my eyes."You were going to say something?" I asked, remembering he'd called me.

"Try not to run into any more walls, yeah?"

"Whatever, see you later."

"Alligator," I heard him say as I walked away with a smile on my face.

***

I hope this isn't too short.I would've written more, but  I've had a rough couple of weeks and I got really, really sick today .
Well, I'm better now so I'll probably start working on the next chapter soon. :)
Hope you liked the chapter.

P.S-A virtual hug to every single one of you beautiful people who take the time to read and vote <3