Chapter 46

"So I guess that wasn't so bad,huh?" Aaron gave me a small smile as I walked him outside.

"I guess not," I shrugged.

"I was on my best behaviour," Aaron joked.

I laughed, the stress leaving me.

It had gone well. There had surprisingly been minimum idiotic jokes on Aaron's part and he had acted a lot more...well,more grown up than I expected him to. So, everything had gone well.

"I'm proud of you," I joked back,nudging him.

"You should be. You have the hottest boyfriend ever." he winked.

"Well, aren't you just full of yourself."

He winked at me."There is nothing to worry about now. Right?"

"Nope. Nothing to worry about," I rubbed his arm comfortingly.

He placed a small kiss on top of my head as I put my head against his chest. I let out a satisfied sigh. I could stay like this for the rest of the night.

Though Aaron probably couldn't because he'd get hungry.

"You should get going now," I said, taking a step away from him reluctantly.

He caught my arm, pulling me into his chest. I could feel his breath fanning my face.

"I don't want to."

"I don't want you to either. But you have to," I said but made no effort to move away from him.

He slowly leaned towards me and placed his lips on mine. He kissed me, his lips moving softly against mine.

I sighed softly,kissing him back. It felt good,too good to be real. He pulled away too soon.

"Don't want your parents to see us now do we?" he winked, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before we said goodbye.

I stared at his retreating back with only one thing in mind —that I was absolutely, absolutely crazy about him.

***

The next morning I was woken up my the sound of my phone ringing.

Whoever was calling me so early in the morning was a dead person.

Opening my eyes a little, I looked around to find my phone.

Grabbing it, I quickly answered without even seeing who it was. I just wanted the stupid thing to stop blaring.

"What?" I groaned

"Ashley.He's here," he whispered.

It was Aaron. He sounded kind of scared.

I quickly sat up, all the sleepiness leaving me as worry took over.

"What? What's wrong?"

"My father."

I heaved a sigh of relief. Why had he made it sound like it was an intruder or murderer in his house when it was just his father?

He was really an idiot.

"What? When did he come?"

"I don't know. I just woke up and I can hear him talking to Joanna downstairs."

"Oh," I replied. My brain wasn't fully functional yet.

"What do you mean "oh"? Tell me what I should do. Where do I say I'm going so early in the morning?I need to get out of this house," he whispered again. I could barely hear him.