⁶ Possible Death

Just thought to mention that I may have accidentally published chapter 6 before 5 so the notification might be a bit... off? Make sure to read chapter 5 before 6!

Fake Elena never expected to die via suffocation- but then again, who does?

As her legs gave out beneath her, she slid down the wall behind her. The only thing keeping her up was her soon to be murderer.

Her life really was messed up, wasn't it? She ignored the talk around her as the ringing in her head forced her to try to suck in even the slightest amount of Oxygen.

Oxygen only left her.

The voices around her became distorted and the colors around her faded into black and white.

Dark spots filled her vision as her life was cut off.

------

Tony looked through 'Katherine's' phone for the file on his solution for clear energy. She had stolen it after pretending to be a HYDRA escapee. They helped her only for her to stab them in the backs in multiple ways. From sleeping with all of them behind theirs backs, to stealing something priceless.

As he looked through the small device, he began to look through 'Katherine's' files. He came across a file labeled 'important' and opened it. It was unlocked.

"Dear Diary,

The hospital won't let me go and get my actual diary, so this will have to do.

Mom and Dad are gone. They died in the crash. I was the only one that survived.

I always find myself wondering what would happen if I hadn't gone to that party? If I hadn't gotten drunk off my ass after fighting, and breaking up with Matt?

Would I still have called Dad to come pick me up?

I don't know.

It should have been me.

I should have been the one to die, not them.

It's my fault.

It is my fault.

MY fault.

Because of me, Jeremy doesn't have mom and dad with him anymore.

I'm a monster.

I caused Mom and Dad's deaths."

He read the first page in the document aloud to his teammates, who were watching him curiously.

"Are you sure this is Katherine? Maybe it's just a lookalike..." Bruce looked at the pinned girl as she clawed at Steve's hand.

"No one can look that similar, Bruce. You should know this. There is no such thing as a complete lookalike." Natasha glared at 'Katherine', she had taken advantage of Bruce in his depressed state, manipulating him into always thinking she was innocent.

"Keep looking, you'll find the files soon enough." Steve spoke up. His voice was stern, as always, to give orders.

"Okay Captain spandex," Tony mocked him, even in a serious situation was he carefree.

"What's her name?" Clint spoke up for the first time that day, he was the only one who was one hundred percent sure that the girl in front of them was not Katherine Peirce.

"Her name is Elena Gilbert..." The principal looked on at the scene before him with a dazed look in his eyes, fabricated by the serum they had injected into him.

"Let her go, this isn't Katherine!" Tony yelped.