¹² The Escape

I apologize for my snappish reply, and I hope you enjoy. This chapter is dedicated to @anonymousperson653

-

"So what's up?" Nana nodded her head to the brothers that had just entered the room. They probably heard her wake up.

"You're still on the floor?" Damon raised an eyebrow at the odd Dopplegänger.

"Yeah, why the fuck not? It's cool and smoother than a baby's bottom. Much more comfortable than the old dusty, musty, crusty, and disgusting bed." Nana deadpanned, ignoring the look of the Edward Cullen wannabe's face. He looked like he had just been slapped.

Oh well.

"Okay... How are you alive again?" The question made Nana groan.

"How'd you know I died twice? I haven't told anybody!" The blank faces she got made her want to cry. "I just told you... fuck!" She cursed when the window next to her was smashed open. Damon sped her out of the way, down the stairs and into the hidden vervain garden room.

He held his breath, and rushed back to Stefan. When he got there, he made sure to stop running right before he opened the door, and jogged slowly, for a vamp, inside the room. "What the hell?!" He shouted when he saw a large hole in the wall.

"Where's the girl?" It was more of a question than a demand, coming from a lady with bright red hair and a hand around his brother's neck. Stefan was unconscious.

"What girl?" Damon yelled, he was acting like a human. "Let go of my brother." He was concerned, really, he just felt detached due to him having turned off his humanity.

"I will, if you tell me where the girl–" A crash and a new person entered their trashed 2nd floor guest room.

"Where is she!?" A man with a British accent stood in the middle of the rubble. "Where is my Dopplegänger?!" Yellow glowing eyes, black veins, and dilated pupils. What was he? Damon pondered, before watching as the man rushed down the stairs with the group of strangers following the man with their weapons raised to protect 'civilians' from a strange 'creature'.

Damon cursed and lifted Stefan over his shoulder, speeding into the hidden room and sealing the door shut behind him. He chained the doors together, and lifted Elena onto his other shoulder. He ran down the Salvatore tunnel at full speed and not even ten seconds later he made it to the outskirts of Mystic Falls. He rushed through the woods surrounding the small town and ten minutes later, he was near the border of Virginia.

He let Elena and Stefan down, took out his phone, and called his many times great nephew, Zachary.

"Don't go home. Stay at a hotel for the next few days. Stefan and I'll be gone for a while, take care of the place. I left one of my cards there, the password is 1839, you can use that for repairs. Bye." He hung up, leaving no time for Zach to reply.

"I feel like I've been hit over the head with a cement brick. What happened while I blanked?" Elena rolled her shoulders, rotating her head slowly to get her blood circulating. Not really a wise move near a vampire, but at least Damon could control himself.

"You almost got kidnapped, I hid you, I saved Stefan and then got both of you and ran. The usual older brother saving the younger brother and his friend from the big bads." Damon snarked.

"We aren't in Mystic falls... Can we go to Beacon Hills? I really want to visit my kinny. I need to meet my twin, in terms of personality, at least once in my miserable life!" Damon raised an eyebrow, but nodded in agreement. He had nothing better to do anyways, and the beaming smile he got in return almost made him feel joy, but alas, his humanity was long gone.

Now, all he needed was an actual location. "What state or country?" Elena turned to him and practically started vibrating.

"California!" It was far, good. They would last quite a bit of time before those... people... found them. Damon could run to California no problem, a plus that he could avoid surveillance cameras, and he was almost certain that Stefan could run to California as well. Elena on the other hand, he wasn't too sure what they would do, other than carry her, but he doubted that she would appreciate being carried for a few hours.

Hmm.