⁹ Broken Bonds

The Odd Dopplegänger

On May 26th this story had about 1k and a few days later it reached 3k. The story now has over 17k reads and I am honored and shocked that people actually read this story. Some of you actually enjoy reading this and find my crappy sense of humor funny and I do not know how this happened.

Seriously, thank you for reading and for voting.

I'm not good at sappy stuff so, onto the story!

-

"Fuck."

That was the only thing that came out of Nana's mouth when she opened her eyes to see Stefan Salvatore pacing in front of her.

The second she spoke, his head shot to her so quickly she was afraid it would snap off. "Calm down Jamal, don't pull out the nine!" She launched herself backwards to make space between them.

"Well, what do we have here?" Nana looked to her left, and cursed internally. Damon Salvatore was right at the door.

"Bloody fuck." Both vampires blinked at her before looking at each other and shrugging. Nana took their distraction as a go ahead to stand and pop as many limbs as she could. Her body was stiff from whatever happened while she was dead, and she did not appreciate her joints locked in.

The vampires winced every few pops and pulled faces. Huh, they had something in common. The faces they made were almost scarily similar. "I can just tell you guys are brothers. You have practically the same reactions. Kinda creepy if I'm being completely honest." Nana deadpanned at the disgusted expressions they freely showed when told they were similar.

She smiled at the large amount of hidden pride in their eyes. Even though they hated each other at the moment, they still cared for one another. A bond like that was definitely odd but it gave her hope that they would trust each other as they had once before. "I'm Elena, by the way. I take it that one of you got me out of the choke hold I was in earlier? Thanks for that." Elena introduced herself with a slightly cheerful tone.

It was odd to talk about being strangled to death so cheerful, she could tell that they thought so, too, from the odd looks sent her way. "Sorry if I'm acting oddly, I just woke up and I've been told that I am very...odd when I first wake up. I'll be good in a few minutes, so just... do whatever until 15 minutes have passed." Nana flopped onto the bed and ignored the piercing gaze of the brother vampires in front of her.

They stumbled out of the room after a minute, seeing that she would not talk until later.

Nana lightly dozed off, nodding to herself at nothing and humming a song she knew. She was surrounded by a welcoming warmth that made her feel safe and protected. She let her guard down and accidentally fell asleep not even five minutes later.

-

When the two brothers entered the room again and saw the teen asleep they quietly just left. She was tired, and they respected that. They left her to sleep while Damon and Stefan had their first civil conversation in over a century.