15

Damn. It's been a while 😶‍🌫️. I'm back and alive. Come get Y'all juice.

"Alright, Aunty, I'll even give you my computer when I get home. I promise! Sorry for making you worry..." Nana bit her lip (this is why you shouldn't leave important things until later kids). She sighed and slumped over on Stiles' couch when the call ended.

"You good?" Stiles came up behind her, and she jumped at the surprise of his sudden entrance.

"Yeah. 5 weeks of being grounded and no computer. I don't like being responsible." Nana pouted and turned around to face the amber eyed boy.

"I get it. That's why I take to ignoring my problems until they just go away." He smiled, shrugging his shoulders at her blank stare.

"Why don't I do that?" Nana asked herself, clearly doubting her ability to just think of that. "Oh yeah, because it always ends up at my doorstep." She nodded at her brain's conclusion.

"Bruh!" Stiles gave Nana a deadpanned stare.

A knock came from the door. "... I'm not expecting anyone..?" Nana turned back to Stiles as he trailed off, shrugging as they made their way to the door.

"Oh, that's my road trip buddy!" Nana smiles as she caught a glimpse of Damon.

"Oh! Did you tell him when we got here? I don't remember you being on the phone." Stiles raised an eyebrow at her.

"I sent him my location when I went to the bathroom an hour ago, told him that I was gonna stay here for a bit more before making my way back to the hotel we were staying in. Maybe he didn't read the last message I sent him?" Of course it was a lie. Nana didn't even have Damon's number, let alone text him where she was! He had probably tracked her or something using his sense of smell.

"Damon!" She greeted him with a smile, noticing the tension in his shoulders. "Is everything alright?" She lowered her voice, setting outside to talk to him.

"We don't have much time. Those people? They've found us, again, we need to leave if you want to stay alive." Damon whispered in her ear as he moved to hug her, mindful of the other teen behind them.

"You got us a flight that fast!" Nana spoke normally, her eyes telling him to play along, as she beamed up at him.

"Yeah, we have to go. Sorry for bursting in on your fun so quickly." Damon sent a practiced smile at Stiles while Nana hugged him

"Sorry for our hangout being cut short. I'll definitely visit again. Maybe you can show me around next time..? " Nana gave Stiles a grin as he nodded in agreement. "Bye!" They left soon after, walking just around the corner of the street before Damon sped them away.

"How much time do you think we have?" Nana asked him as they arrived at the hotel they had checked into.

"Not long, I caught their scent 10 minutes ago and then started looking for you. They're most likely at the field right a out now, so we can skip town now. Just gotta get Stefan." Damon unlocked hid room door and gestured for her to get in. She walked inside, and Damon followed.

"We've got to go." Damon picked up Stefan, sped his to a car he rented out, and then went back to Elena. "Let's just check out, and then we'll go." Nana nodded, and they both went to the counter. Five minutes later, they were in the car, making their way to the car dealership.

Damon compelled the guy to take the car back and give him his money back, and then they were off.

"Where to now? Any suggestions?" Damon asked as they ran through a desert.

"How about Mexico? They have less influence there because they're headquartered in New York!" Nana nodded as she concluded her thoughts.

"Sure, why not?" Damon was full of energy and adrenaline. He had gotten some blood bags from the Beacon Hills Hospital just a few minutes before he had realized that they had been found.

He could make it to Mexico.