⁸ Liar, Liar, pants on fire

School sucks

Stefan sped to the Salvatore Boarding house with Elena tucked gently against his chest. Who were those people? Why was Elena not breathing? What did they do to her? Was she dead?

His mind was running a mile a minute, trying to make sense of the scene he had come across.

What happened before he had intervened?

While he was panicked and frazzled, fake Elena was greeting a God.

With the Potter's killer
JK JK
I'm just kidding!
With God

Fake Elena was not surprised to see herself in a veil of grey, but she was surprised to see a figure in front of her. It was tall, towering over her by at least a foot, cloaked in a black mist. It was facing her, but she could not make out a face. "Nana Everflow, you are here again." The figure spoke, it had a gravelly tone, rasping it's words.

A shiver traveled down Nana's spine, she had been there before? "Yes, when you first died. I granted you a wish seeing as you had been killed before your time. That was particularly my fault, but let's forget the small details!" The voice hurriedly shouted, it was nervous.

A black fog spiraled out of the figure, it morphed into a woman. Not knowing the person's pronouns, Nana took to referring to the person as they/them.

They walked closer to her, moving around the void swiftly. How they did that, Nana had no clue. There was no floor as far as she was concerned, just an empty grey space.

How peculiar.

"Anyways, you can call me Shin! Short for Shinigami! I am a death God! I may have accidentally had you killed, but one again, that holds no significant meaning! You are here again which means that I may or may not have ACCIDENTALLY let you die again... BUT! BUT! I can let you go back or go somewhere else! You get to choose! It can be another, as you humans call them, crossover universe, or! It can be a regular place! You choose!"

"..." Nana deadpanned at the figure in front of her, she died again because of a reckless death God? Seriously?

The God flinched back a bit and let out a sheepish laugh, "Yeah, I am really sorry about that! Uh, I'll just let you back to the place you were before with a wish of your choosing. You can cash it in at any time..?" God was negotiating her life with her, and gave her a wish because of their carelessness...

"Deal. No take backsies!" Nana stuck her tongue out at God, she was rather childish sometimes.

The God sweat dropped, why had they let this happen twice? They hadn't even set any boundaries on the wish! Something was really messing with their mind.

"...bye, for good this time I hope..." The God mumbled to itself, happy to not get jumped this time. It remembered the last time that particular human visited them, when they had chosen her favorite human to take as it's form... God shuddered at the thought, humans were terrifying in their own right, especially the female specimen.

They never wanted to relive that ever again.

Back irl in the story

Stefan paced around his room, watching 'Elena' like a Hawk, how did he get rid of a body again?

It had been quite a while since his last ripper days, he had forgotten about them altogether until he tried to come up with ways to get rid of a body.

Guilt gnawed at him, why hadn't he tried to save her? He knew it was weird when the teacher called her name but she wasn't there. He had seen her earlier, so why hadn't he left then?

Stefan quickly lifted the girl's body into his arms when he heard a knock on his door, he had to hide her. Swearing quietly when he heard a knock again, he quickly hid her in the hidden room full of vervain. He left and closed the entrance, making sure it was completely unnoticeable. He knocked at it lightly with his knuckle, good it sounded like the rest of the wall.

Why Stefan was acting the way he was, he didn't know. He just felt like he had to be immensely cautious.

Stefan sped down the hallway next to the entrance and up the stairs. He added a bit of weight to his steps for extra measure, to make sure the people at the door knew he was coming down the stairs. He took a small breath and stepped up to the door, opening it quietly. "How can I help you?" Stefan almost did a double take, it was the girl who was talking to Elena earlier.

"I'm sorry if this is sudden and weird, but have you seen Elena? I've been looking everywhere for her and you just disappeared after class so I assumed you saw her or something. I'm just really worried." The young lady asked him, she was really worried.

Bonnie and Caroline had been looking for Elena for the past hour, and then she remembered how the new kid took off after class ended with a confused and determined look, she hoped he had seen her and knew where she was.

"I'm sorry, I don't know where she is, I haven't seen her," Stefan was really hesitant to lie, but he knew he had to. He felt horrible when he saw the short girl slump down, she looked to be on the verge of bursting into tears, "but." She looked up at him so quickly, he was worried that her neck might crack. "I heard that she was called to the office before 6th period. She might be there..." Stefan watched as the girl left, shouting her thanks to him as she rushed to her car.

It was with heavy shoulders that he shut the door. He turned around and leaned against the door, his life really did suck.

Just a chapter before I sleep the rest of the day away.