¹⁷

Elena looked around in awe as they raced from North Baja California, though Sonora to Sinaloa. The only thing she was worried about now was the Cartel. Sinaloa had a strong cartel, even where she was from.

Damon sent her a look as they arrived at a mobile hotel. "You know spanish?"

The girl nodded, "A bit. Enough." They entered.

"Hola, buenas tardes! Cómo están hoy?" The lady at the front desk greeted them (Hello, good day! How are you today?)

"Estamos bien, gracias por preguntar! Y usted, cómo está?" Elena smilled awkward (We're good, thanks for asking! And how are you?).

"Yo estoy bien, cómo te puedo ayudar?" Nice, she was fast to get to business (I'm good, how can I help you?).

"Tienen cuartos abiertos?" The olive skinned girl questioned (Do you have rooms available?).

"Si, hay 3 tres cuartos disponibles en este momento." (Yes, there are currently three rooms available).

"Perfecto! Dos cuartos por favor." A look to the vampires awkwardly standing behind her, and she had a card in hand (perfect! Two rooms, please).

"Por supuesto, señorita. Será 780 pesos cada cuarto por una noche. Esto es bien?" (Of course, miss. That will be $42.60 each room for one night. Is that okay?)

"Si, gracias. Puedo reservar los cuartos para una semana?" (Yes, thank you. Can I hold the rooms for one week?)

"Si señorita, no problem. Eso es 10920 pesos." (Yes miss, no problem. That will be $596.47.)

"Si, gracias." The teen swiped the card, and just a few minutes later, the lady was handing them the keys and a map (Yes, thank you).

They quickly walked around the hotel and found their rooms. With a glance, Elena could already tell that Damon would be speeding off to find some blood soon, and Stefan would as well.
"You guys can go, eat something while we have this down time. Before the week is up, we're probably going to have to leave if we're found." Two nods, and they were gone, Damon took the key.

Elena grasped her key and entered the room.

It was small, clean, but nice. She would enjoy being in Mexico another time, for now, she had to tall to Jenna again.... Gods, she's not ready for that conversation to go overboard.

It's a bit short, but it works so meh. Hope you guys liked it, have a nice day/night, people!