⁷ Killer

Steve loosened his hand on the now limp girl's neck. "What do you mean it's not Kathrine, Stark?" He turned around and looked at the Genius.

"It's not her. I've gone through all her files using a virus I installed from my phone. It's not her." Tony shoved Steve away from the girl, her knees buckled and she fell forward into his arms. "How tightly were you holding her neck?!" Tony yelped, staring at the bruises that were already forming. Tony frantically took one of her arms and felt her wrists for a pulse.

Nothing.

"Shit!" Tony swore loudly.

The other Avengers jumped Slightly, "What's wrong?" Bruce was the first to ask, he was the most worried. The girl was limp, of course he would worry!

"Steve..." Tony glared at the blonde, it was then that everyone knew he was serious. Tony never called Steve by his first name.

"What?" Steve replied, he was irritated. How could he not see that she wasn't Katherine? He was starting to see all the differences! For example, Elena was slightly taller and had an hourglass like figure. Kathrine had a shaky hourglass and had really wavy hair. They even acted differently!

He had choked an innocent person. Oh how the thought made him sick to his stomach.

"You killed her." Tony's voice practically screamed wordless insults, criticizing the already upset captain.

Steve froze.

He had killed her?

He had killed Eli?

He killed the kind, young teenage girl who he had gotten to know just earlier that morning?

Steve did not want to believe Stark's words, but he had to. After all, Steve remembered holding the girl in a choke hold for at least five minutes. That is more than enough to kill someone. Steve could already feel the guilt well up inside his gut. His heart clenched, how was he going to tell her family?

"We will have to tell her family, but the thing is, we don't know who her family is. She has no birth record. It's as if she doesn't exist." Tony's words shook Steve to his core. Elena had no birth certificate? Why?

"How can she not have a birth certificate? Her file said that her father was a doctor. He was the one who delivered her." Natasha glared at Tony.

"Well, I would tell you to ask him yourself, but if you had listened to the document I read aloud earlier, it clearly stated that her parents died." Tony let out a growl of annoyance, did they ever listen to him?

"Can't we just look through the school records? Her file said she had a younger brother, who was a year younger than her, so he might go to this school." Surprisingly, it was Clint who suggested looking through the school files.

"Good idea Legolas," Tony looked directly at Clint, "now how do you suggest I do that? Hack into the school mainframe? The district has a huge firewall and will be notified of someone trying to break in. I made the school's firewall when I was drunk off my ass, I work better when drunk, so how do you-" Tony was cut off by a blurry figure rushing into the room and took Elena with them.

"What was that?!" Natasha rushed to the door, watching as the figure ran off.

"I don't know..." Tony shoved the curtain aside, glancing out the window.

Okay, how did you guys manage this?

It's been literally 3 days!

What the heck?

I am in awe of how many reads this has.
Jeez, you guys are insane.

Thank you guys! Really!

Thank you!