¹⁶

Oh wow, another chapter?

Tony sighed as he watched his team run around the town like chickens with their heads cut off. They had been following the trail of those two odd ones ever since they suddenly blurred out of the manor back in Mystic Falls.

Steve was being grilled by Bruce, and he was not having a good time. Granted, he did deserve it, and it was enjoyable to watch. It took up time they didn't have, however.

"Look, I get it, he fucked up. No sugarcoating this one, but we don't have time for this. Those three are already on the other side of the country, and it's only been a few hours. If we wait any longer, they could be out of the US and then we'll have a harder time tracking them. Rodgers can get reprimanded later, Elena Gilbert and her kidnappers take priority right now." Tony scowled at the two, more so to the older than anything.

The two stilled, but ultimately agreed with the genius.

It only took an hour to get Tony's private jet to the area of Mystic Falls that they were in, it had been hidden in part of the forest surrounding the place, but Friday had to calculate a route in which it wouldn't be seen. For such a small town, people were everywhere.

They landed in Beacon Hills, California, with little to no problem. They left the jet quickly and searched the town for their targets.

Whispers of the sheriff's son going around with an attractive foreign girl caught their attention for a bit, but they brushed it off. Elena Gilbert was dead. There was no way that she could be the one the locals were talking about.

Tony watched his team scurry around the place with a despondent gleam to his eyes. His displeasure of their actions was evident to all, but he kept quiet for now. He was the one that had been stolen from, and yet he had been the most rational of them other than Bruce, that is.

He clicked his tongue, but followed them in their search for those strange men.

Friday had given him what information she could find. Damon Salvatore, no record of birth, but there was a record of death from 1864. That was in and of itself. Tony knew that people still practiced midwifery, so it was not uncommon to find people without birth certificates and such because they believed the government was a hoax, but Mystic Falls was more focused on actual hospitals than off record births.

It left him with questions, and Tony hated being ill-informed.

As he refocused on his team, it seemed as if they had caught sight of one of their targets, he continued to follow.

They would most definitely be on their way if they knew they were on their trail. Time was limited, but it was exactly what they needed to catch Damon Salvatore and his brother. Hopefully.