Chapter 10: Too close yet too far

Hi guys! I am back with an other update. Once again I thank u all from the bottom of my heart 💜
Thanks for being so generous 💞
Love u all❤️

Happy reading 💕

Morning:
Mishti woke up happily and she smiled. It was the happiest day of her life today. Her bade papa and badi maa s 50th  wedding anniversary.
She was sad that she couldn't be with them, but thanks to technology she would connect with them.

She quickly video called them.
M: bade papa, badi maa.. mere miracles, meri jaans.. aap dono ko happy anniversary.
Bp:Mishti beta!
Bm: meri gudiya rani!
M: I miss u both! Kash main aapke sath hoti, apke special day par.
Bm: koi nahi beta, jab tu ghar aayege tab celebrate karenge.
M: waise bade papa, aapne kya gift diya badi maa ko ?

Bm: kya gift beta, ab thodi humari umar ha?
M: badi maa.. please
Bp: ek min Mishti beta
He came back with a necklace and a small box
He asked Varsha to hold the phone so that Mishti could see.
Bade papa opened the box and filled sindoor in badi maa s  mang and then made her wear the necklace
Mishti smiled watching her parents.

Bm: kya aap bhi
Bp: Aaray yeh toh humara pyaar karne ka tarika ha!
Badi maa blushed like a teenager and Mishti teased her.
M: dekha, aap dono ko dekh kar hi muje pyaar main vishwas hota ha.
Bm and bp smiled.
After some more chit chatting, Mishti cut the call as she was getting late.

Today the fest was also starting, and it was the prom night today. Mishti was excited and thought: kya mera partner bhi bade papa jaise hoga ? Jo mujse itna pyar karega ? Immediately her thoughts drifted to Abir and his questions. "Tum meri wifey ho?"
Mishti blushed like anything and then hit her head and went in the kitchen.

She was very happy and decided to bake mug cakes and also hummed a song.
Abir woke up to her sweet voice. He directly came to the kitchen.
Mishti s back was facing him.
She was making the batter for the cake and humming" taare ha baarati.. chandani ha yeh baarat... Saaton phere honge ab hathon main leke hath... Jeevan saathi hum diya aur baati hum.. jeevan sathi hum.. diya aur baati hum"

Abir was just mesmerized hearing her voice. She was so melodious.
He clapped for her and she turned to him. He had just woken up, so she was lost in his cute morning face, those messed up hair and his presence made her happy.

A: wow yar angry Chorni tum kya gaati ho! I mean you are superb. Tansen ki choti behen!
M: thanks ajeeb Rajvansh
A: waise aaj kya ha? Itni kush kyu ho ? If you want to share
M: vo na aaj meri parents ki 50th anniversary ha. Mere life ka sabse happy day. Par main unke sath nhi hu
A: Aaray tum sad mat hao. Aaj ka din tumhare parents ke naam !

Mishti smiled as to how he cheered her up and her little bit of sadness was also gone.
A: main fresh ho ke aya. Waise bhi vo fest ha toh lecs nhi hone wale ha. So aaram se jate ha.
Mishti smiled and nodded.
Mishti stood on her toes and removed the flour packet from the shelf.

The packet was broken and some the flour fell on her arms and some on her face.
Mishti thought: Aaray Aaray! Yeh kya ho gaya! Phele cake bake karne rakh deti hoo, phir kapde saaf karungi.
She was mixing the batter and in a good mood.
Abir was thinking: aaj prom night ha. Kya main Mishti se pucho ? Haa ek kaam karta hoo, puch hi leta hoo

So after freshing up, he came in the kitchen and went up to her.
He saw and burst out in laughter. He clapped his hands and continued laughing.
Mishti was annoyed at his laughter.
M: tum comedy show ke judge ho?
Tum circus dekhne aaye ho ?
Mythological show ke rakshas ho ?

He nodded no, still laughing uncontrollably.
M: nahi ho toh itna kyu hass rahe ho ?
A:(laughing) circus.. ka..toh pata nahi.. par tum joker jaise zarroor.. lag rahi hoo.. he laughed more...
Mishti was annoyed now. So she dip her finger in the cake batter and put it on his nose to stop his laughter.

Abir touched his nose and said: tumhari toh.. u angry Chorni
He dipped his hand in the batter to put it on her. Mishti was very alert. She ducked and ran away. Abir also ran behind her and finally cornered her near the table.
Both were breathing heavily due to running.
Abir suddenly came closer to her.

Mishti s breath became heavy again.
Abir took some steps towards her and her heart almost stopped beating.
Abir was totally lost in her. She was looking pretty even while covered  in flour.
So he went more closer. He cleaned his hands with a napkin and went closer to Mishti. She was still standing in the same position.

Abir gently wiped off the flour from her hands and arms. Mishti flinched by his touch. She was feeling like she got a current. Her body was very responsive to his touch. Then Abir looked into her eyes. Mishti also slowly looked into those honey brown eyes, which had captured her heart. They shared a long eyelock.

They looked at each other, without blinking. Abir put away the napkin and slowly wiped off the flour from her face, using his hands. Mishti was almost dead by his touch and closed her eyes as a reflex.

Abir took a step forward and was about to kiss her forehead, when flashes of his bitter past came in front of his eyes. He immediately realised how close he was standing to Mishti.
He stepped back and sat on the chair.
Mishti felt his absence and opened her eyes.

She was herself shocked at the moment they shared just now. She saw him sitting there and thought that it must have been awkward. So she calmed herself down and went up to him.
Abir was lost in deep thoughts and the smile on his face was gone. He was more like shocked or disturbed.

Mishti thought of making the mood lighter. She tapped his shoulder and said:
Tumne bhoot dekh liya?
Chipkali (lizard dekh li) ?
Koi purani girlfriend ki yaad ayi ?

The last question hit Abir. He just banged his head on the table and got up angrily.
M: kya hua.. I am..
A: bas karo Mishti ( almost screaming) bahot hua! Jab dekho tab yeh irritating se sawaal puchti rehti ho! Kuch bhi hua nahi ki tumhare yeh sawaal hazir hote ha! Can't you just stop it?
M: par Abir...

A:(angrily) bas yar! Just leave me alone damn it!
He said so and left the apartment and banged the door.
Mishti was stunned by his behaviour. She was trying to make the mood lighter, but he just screamed at her, maybe for no fault of hers.
She was crying and her tears were not stopping.

M: yeh Aisa kaise muje pe chilla sakta ha ? Abhi abhi toh hasi mazak ki aur itne der main mood badal gaya? Aur meri galti kya ha? Theek ha usse mere sawaal aur.mujse itne problem toh aaj ke baaad Abir se sawal puchna aur baat karna band.

She wiped her tears, but they came out again. She didn't know why she was so affected by his behaviour.
She composed herself any how and to divert her mind, she got ready and went to see the festival.

Meanwhile Abir realised what he just did. He hit his head and ran back to the apartment. To his dismay, she was gone. He sat on chair and thought: yeh tune kya kiya Abir. Usse thodi kch pata ha.. vo toh bichari bas tera mood theek  karne aaye thi. Main usse kitna chilla diya. Ab kya ? I am so sorry angry Chorni. Chal beta ab manao angry Chorni ko.

He left to find her. He knew he had committed a blunder. They had bonded really well and he didn't want to spoil his friendship with her.
Somehow he did it, he had hurt her.

Mishti was walking, lost in her thoughts and she suddenly bumped into someone.
It was none other than Varun
V: Hii Mishti
M:(coldly) hii
V: all ok ?
Mishti just nodded.
Suddenly he asked her:
Mishti kya aap mere sath aaj prom night pe chalengi ?

So that's it guys!

Precap: The prom night

What will be Mishti s answer ?
Stay tuned!

Hope u all like this chapter
Stay safe and take care ❤️

Lots of love
Amayra 💕