Epilogue II - Unwanted Flashbacks

AUTHOR'S NOTE

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

**********

My feet hurt from a full day of waiting on tables. I'd been struggling to find a good time to put in my two weeks to Antonio. He'd given me this job as a favour and quitting so soon had felt like I was throwing his good will right back in his face.

But it hadn't been a good day. Spilt coffee, angry customers, entitled middle-aged men and women yelling at me because we ran out of their favourite croissant. It had been a bad enough day for me to finally walk up to Antonio and tell him I want to quit. Days like this made me wonder why I chose to work in this industry.

My only comfort from that thought these days was in the joy of creation. I'd missed creating cocktails and drinks. And after the initial shock of Mike and Lou's proposal to me had worn off, I realised I was actually happy to have a chance to run my own place. And as weird as it sounds, for my kind of people.

I wasn't a demon.

Neither was I an angel.

And I felt the farthest thing from human these days.

My own kind... humans, other people, coworkers, customers, the nice cashier at the grocery store who gave me discounts now and then- they no longer interested me.

No, I don't want to see your kid.

No, I don't want to see your adorable nephew. Please don't force me to.

Yes, I'm busy after. Can't come out tonight for drinks. Sorry.

Have a good day- not that I care.

Not that I ever cared anymore.

I'd quite recently realised how empty my head feels without emotions clouding it. All I had was my thoughts to keep me company, and work to keep me busy. Sleep was getting harder and harder to come by. I'd been using my free time to research areas and localities with commercial space on sale. It was fun. It was like... apartment shopping. Maybe I'd actually get a new place to stay through it. Then I wouldn't have to answer to the person who owned the carpet I was sprawled out on.

I sighed as I pulled the glass to me for a sip. Man, I want to sleep. But I'm expecting guests.

The air rippled behind me. And moments later, I felt a familiar chill.

"Good evening, Ryleigh. Nice weather out, isn't it?"

Another sigh escaped me before I rolled onto my back to watch Lou walk over to me. "Cold, actually."