3

My body froze as I heard the low, seductive rasp. My fingers were wrapped around the keys, the other hand held my bag. The cold sensation from yesterday started up my body again. It took over me- took over my chest, made my breath falter. Slowly raising my head, I met the reflection of those haunting eyes. The dark pane of glass reflected him back perfectly. Tanned skin, dark eyes, seductive smirk and all.

I immediately cracked. Last night hadn't been a nightmare after all. "Please let me go." I whispered softly as my throat started to close up.

The reflection flickered as his smirk widened. For a moment, I saw what he'd been last night before it settled on his human form. Reflections don't flicker. This has to be another dream, right?

"But why, Ryleigh?" He was closer now. I could feel his cold breath on the back of my neck. "I thought we had a great time yesterday."

Only my tight grasp on the doorknob kept me from shaking. Biting my lip, I forced my head to move from side to side. "Please... let me go."

"Why would I do that, Ryleigh?" My eyes flickered to the side as his hand moved past my shoulder to land on the door. "I'm just looking for a quiet place to drink."

"We're... We're closed." Please go away.

"Is that so?" He tsked behind me, the sound making me flinch slightly. "What a shame... Surely, you couldn't stay open a while longer for little ol' me?"

"I-" My hand twisted sideways against my will. The lock clicked loudly in the tense silence between us.

"Thanks, Ryleigh." He whispered. I could hear the smile in his voice. It sounded colder.

The door opened a crack with the pressure of his hand against it. I grit my jaw and closed my eyes as I held my ground. "No... we-we're closed." My voice shook a little.

He sighed loudly, the breath stirred my hair. "Is that so?" A pressure settle on my shoulder, his fingers tightened on me. "Well, it sure doesn't seem like it."

My breath was forced out of me, and my body went weightless. Surprise crossed through me at the sudden shift in my senses. It had been slightly chilly outside, now it was deathly cold. I couldn't breathe. My eyes were still squeezed shut in fear of what I might see. This is exactly what had happened yesterday. He's really going to kill me today. I'm going to d-

It was warm again.

My eyes snapped wide open. I felt gravity return to my body. My legs gave out under me and the only thing that stopped me from falling and cracking my head on the floor was my hand. It slammed loudly against the bar top as I stumbled.

The bar... top?

I frowned to myself, and straightened as I stared at the wood grain under my palm. It was as familiar to me as the back of my hand. What was I doing back here? I was just outsi-

I twisted in my spot to leave- only to stop short. My eyes widened in horror. I'd forgotten he had been behind me... inches behind me.

"Well, well, well..." He still had a smirk. "Look where we are."

Even in the darkness, I could see the streetlights reflected off the mirrored wall at the back. I was behind the bar. With him.

I swallowed softly. Even as scared shitless as I was right now, his scent was still intoxicating. Intoxicating enough for my eyes flicker to his lips and back. His tongue darted out. It moved slowly over his lips and drewmy attention towards it once again.

His eyes really were beautiful. Dark, full of promise... focused on me I hadn't been wrong about that yesterday. He was very alluring in the darkness...