25.

Lou turned to look at me, seated on my sofa, arms over the back of it as if he owned the place. "Oh, hey, Ryleigh. Didn't see you there."

I raised an eyebrow, switching on the lights. He didn't even blink at the sudden brightness. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Came here to see you." He flashed me a charming grin, head still lolling over the back of my sofa. "How you been?"

I felt some irritation form, followed by a quick burst of resignation. Turning away, I shrugged tiredly. "Pretty good since you saw me yesterday." I decided to let the casual home invasion go. "Why didn't you come today? Still mad about yesterday?"

"Maybe." He replied vaguely as I dropped my bag on the stool. "I had other work. The shooting was a political mess for the truce."

"I'm starving." I opened the fridge door as I spoke, bending to look through it. "Am I a part of this political mess?"

"In part, yes."

I jumped at the nearness of the new voice, snatching my hand back and stumbling away from the fridge. Mike glanced down at me, slight irritation crossing through his face. "Do you have to do that each time?"

My eyebrows shot up. "Excuse me?"

"Act surprised." Mike rolled his eyes. "You knew I was coming."

"How would I know you're coming?" I turned to the side to exhale harshly. He always got me. My heart was beating out of my chest.

"You knew Lou was here."

"Yes! It's because I know his presence! I've done this before too!"

"She has." Lou nodded. "Back when she was human, of course. She has amazing intuition. And improv abilities."

"Thank you." The adrenaline was draining out of me. "I guess."

"It is a compliment." He sounded like he was still by the sofa. Good. "What are you doing here, feathers?"

"I'm watching the human, remember?"

"She's not human anymore."

"I'm not- yup. What Lou said."

"Could have fooled me." Mike mumbled. My head turned up to find him eyeing me skeptically. "You are mostly human."

"Yeah." I nodded, standing up straight again. "A human who's been through a light coma, can see auras, and can't sleep anymore. I feel very human. Thank you." Mike stepped aside as I yanked the fridge door open again. "What's so important that it couldn't wait till bar tomorrow?"

"Get a drink. We'll talk about it." I could hear the grin in Lou's voice. "We have all night if you can't sleep."

"I have a boyfriend." I replied blankly, pulling out a juice carton I'd popped open last night. Alcohol would be nice too, but I'd rather be sober in their company.

"I can compromise." Lou replied easily as I stood back up.

"Of course you can." I replied dryly, filling up a glass before taking a seat on the kitchen island's stools. Mike was still being a creep and standing in his spot like a statue as usual. I took a sip. A very long sip, before putting my glass down. It clinked in the silence and I took another moment to let the rising tension between the angel and the demon settle in. "Alright." I pointed at Lou. "Speak."

He raised an eyebrow at my manner. "Speak? What am I, your dog?" Deja Vu, but our places are switched.

"Dogs are nice." Was my curt reply. "What do you want, Lou?"