1.

It was nearly half past eleven. Today had been a slow day, not many tips in the jar. My eyes roamed over the regulars left in the place. These guys don't normally tip much, but whatever they do should hopefully be worth it. I turned my eyes back to the stack of bills in front of me as I continued to tally them up. Another boring night.

"Last call for the bar." I called out absently.

As I reached out for the next pile of bills to continue, the bell above the door rang. "Good evening." I called out absently. The word sounded more deadpan than usual. I was distracted by a receipt. It's probably one of the regulars.

Habit forced me to look up a moment later. I had to resist the urge to raise an eyebrow as I met the eyes of the man that had just walked in. Looks like this night might get more interesting after all. A new customer, one I'd never seen here before.

He smiled at me. His lips turned up into a sexy smirk. "Good evening." He greeted with a husky voice that sent chills up my back.

I could see that he had drawn the attention of the remaining customers. Can't blame them, I couldn't look away from him either. Black never looked that good on anybody. Or anybody that had walked into this bar anyway.

He ran a hand through his dark hair, black eyes moving over the place as he sauntered over to the bar stools. I could see the shape of an impressive physique under the jacket he wore. In all my time as a bartender, I've learnt how to spot the good ones.

He took a seat and turned his head to meet my eyes once more. I smiled at him. "I just announced last call. You want to order something, do it now."

"Ah, what a shame." He sighed. "I was looking forward to relaxing with a stiff drink."

"You'll get the stiff drink, but you'll have to leave by midnight." My eyes flickered to the clock. "Also, no more orders after forty-five."

He glanced at his watch, looked expensive. "Not long then. I'll have scotch, neat."

"Got it." I kept the receipts down to pull out a tumbler as I walked over to him.

"Make that three."

I stifled a sigh. I'd have to wash these later. I resumed my path over to him after a quick pause to pick up two more glasses. Face-to-face, he was much cuter. He had really pretty lips, and amazing cheekbones. The cologne he was wearing was pretty alluring. I just wanted to sidle up to him and lean in...

"Here you go." I kept the bottle down to purposely tear my eyes away from him. This was creep behaviour. "Anything else?" I asked as he eyed me knowingly.

He smirked to himself. "Not really. Thanks." His long fingers wrapped around the first glass.

"No problem." I nodded, replaced the bottle and returned to the bills. I don't sleep with customers. I don't sleep with customers. I don't sleep...

The tip jar ran through my mind, and I stifled a grimace. I don't sleep with customers, but a few flirts here and there couldn't hurt. I threw him another smile. "So, what brings you here?"

"Was walking by, saw this place. It seemed nice and quiet, so I decided to stop in." He sipped his drink and met my eyes in a sideways glance. "Glad I did."

I think that counts as flirting back. "The feeling is mutual." I replied easily. My attention went back to the slips of paper in my hand. "New to the city?"

He chuckled as he saw some humour in that question that I clearly didn't. "Not really. I've been around."

"Then what brings you here? Waiting for someone?"